Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long will I have to wait for my inventory car w/ EOQ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sbtz

Jan 18, 2016
CA
I was able to snag a great deal on a car that is sitting across the country (in the northeast) - I've seen delivery times on inventory cars anywhere from days to many weeks. It seems like around a month is common if the car has to be trucked a long way. My OA was thinking the middle of October, but with the glut of orders flying around for EOQ, I've barely heard anything from anyone, and am getting pessimistic.

The status page on My Tesla shows it as "production complete" (it's inventory, after all). Can anyone share whether I should expect to receive a notification when it does get on a truck/train, or at any other stop along the way, or will it just show up one day? (I do need some notice to return my current lease to a dealership.)

I put a deposit on an inventory model (which is located 2 states away), 5 days ago. They are trying hard to get it delivered before EOQ. But, Tesla reps across the country are really busy (my rep is Dallas said they have been delivering atleast 16 vehicles each day from last 10days) and working long hours. So, expect delays in communication from DA/tesla. They may not able to give you frequent update/status as they used to provide before, until this EOQ. You can let your DA aware of your situation with current lease vehicle, so he will update you atleast if he has an expected delivery date close by.

I believe there is not an "in transit" or equivalent status. Just production complete and then something like preparing for delivery when it reaches your local service center.

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.
My car just read Production Complete up to the day of delivery. Contact your DS that is assigned to assist you. They have tracking abilities via computer, at least mine kept me updated

I put a deposit on an inventory model (which is located 2 states away), 5 days ago. They are trying hard to get it delivered before EOQ. But, Tesla reps across the country are really busy (my rep is Dallas said they have been delivering atleast 16 vehicles each day from last 10days) and working long hours. So, expect delays in communication from DA/tesla. They may not able to give you frequent update/status as they used to provide before, until this EOQ. You can let your DA aware of your situation with current lease vehicle, so he will update you atleast if he has an expected delivery date close by.

I'm also dealing with the Dallas reps. Had an initial order placed on Sept. 7th, 3 weeks went by and the car hadn't even moved. Found a better deal and switched my order to a car in Chicago 6 days ago. Still haven't heard anything and have no estimate on getting it delivered before EoQ. Have they given you any indication that'll you take delivery before EoQ? I'm highly doubtful I will at this point since I've already waited 4 weeks pretty much for an inventory car.

I'm also dealing with the Dallas reps. Had an initial order placed on Sept. 7th, 3 weeks went by and the car hadn't even moved. Found a better deal and switched my order to a car in Chicago 6 days ago. Still haven't heard anything and have no estimate on getting it delivered before EoQ. Have they given you any indication that'll you take delivery before EoQ? I'm highly doubtful I will at this point since I've already waited 4 weeks pretty much for an inventory car.
I placed the order at end of day 9/19. My inventory is in Atlanta. Its been a week, but its not been shipped out when I last checked it with my DS on Sat 9/24. My DS still hopes they can get it delivered EOQ, but I am not sure. As this is the last week before EOQ, he said they will be open and available even late hours, to try as many deliveries as possible.