TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

How long would the rimac last on a charge at full power?

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by theboom1, Sep 13, 2016.

1. theboom1

theboom1 Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Me and a friend were talking and I don't know the math. How long would the rimac concept one(1088hp) and concept s(1,365hp) last at full power with their 82kwh battery. I very vaguely remember seeing someone do the math and I can't remember if he was talking about the concept one or concept s but I think it was the s, but he said that at full power assuming no electrical energy losses in the drivetrain that it would last around 4 min making the full 1mw. Is that true? Because I have no idea on the math. Im just wondering how far battery technology needs to go for performance cars to match what we have now with ICE's.

That is with full power, around a track you can probably double that because you are not at full but a few parts of the lap. The holy trinity in their hot lap modes were used to lap the nurburgring, was said to have almost fully depleted batteries by the end of the lap so probably at the most they hap 8 min lapping and 4 min at full power. But they are hybrids so when the batteries run dry you still have the engine that you can drive and if you do some "charge" laps you can recharge that batteries. Now as far as ICE's go the new Bugatti Chiron I read that at full throttle, it will burn through a tank in about 9 min. The unspoken "acceptable" standard that I have observed for an ICE is being able to track for 20-30 min (so full throttle maybe 15 min). So if that math is right for the concept s and it is full power for 4 min that means tracking for 8, so that means we need 3x the battery capacity to get right into that sweet tracking range at 24 min? Maybe 4x to really tie it up? Also we don't know yet but im thinking rimac has cooling issues fixed.

So ya basically what is the math for how long will the 82kwh battery will last making 1088hp and 1365hp?