Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long would you wait to get the redesigned Model S?

How long would you wait to get the redesigned Model S?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spring 2021. A few months to get the worst kinks straightened out but no more because I've already put this off long enough; I want FSD and they might further increase the price; and I've finally decided a LR S is better for me than a CT.

I believe Elon when he said they will use 18650's in the S for a few years yet. So waiting a year to get 4680's and the new structure in the LR isn't an option (I don't know about Plaid+).

I don't expect a price drop this year. The last two price cuts were intended to get some sales while they took their time with the refresh.

I'm not thrilled with the yoke but I expect I'll get used to it. I don't think even Tesla believes the yoke is better for driving. It's prep for level 5 FSD, as it's apparently designed to move out of the way into the dash when the car is driving itself.

Reactions: BBB4000
For the Plaid+, I was planning to wait a year from its first day of release before ordering. It would replace my Model 3 Performance (2020). But I might wait until they upgrade the Fremont paint shop so that they can offer different colors. Who knows how long that will take. By then, the Roadster might be out... ;)

Looking at the poll results so far... WOW, sure are a LOT of ppl who would rather wait, in hopes of having the (many?) bugs worked out first.

And, sadly, I think you gotta blame Tesla for that, their rep for quality control still isn’t very good, even after all these years of manufacturing the Model S. o_O

Bumping this thread to get updated votes on the poll now that there is slightly more information out there. Also, wondering if people would order sooner to lock in the current price? Given current trends it seems like Tesla might raise the price on the base Model S too.