Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How low are you comfortable going on range estimator on a trip?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pulled into the Wilcox, AZ Supercharger with 0 miles once. I wouldn’t recommend it as a practice, but if you are actively monitoring the car’s energy use and adjusting your driving then the car’s Consumption screen is pretty accurate. In our case, the only Supercharger between El Paso (where we charged to 100%) and Wilcox was closed so there wasn’t really much of an alternative but to closely monitor during the drive. I used a combination of drafting, speed reduction, and ultimately acceleration to get that 0 as I pulled into the SC.

Reactions: MrWattson
Just drove from Tucson to Cape Cod last week, arriving Wed eve. 2,800 miles in our MY LR and our third such run. Our top speed is, generally, 75 mph.

Wife and I prefer to be conservative, and try for around 20% SoC upon arrival at a SC site. This has paid off a couple of times and we don't see any downside to this policy.

Yes, I am aware this is not the quickest way to travel, but we're not racing anywhere, so there's that. Beside which, I'm 78 and gots to go pee on a regular basis!!

Rich

Spouse at an Electrify America site using our newly acquired CCS1 adapter.

dTG8y89.jpg

Wife and I prefer to be conservative, and try for around 20% SoC upon arrival at a SC site. This has paid off a couple of times and we don't see any downside to this policy.

Yes, I am aware this is not the quickest way to travel, but we're not racing anywhere, so there's that. Beside which, I'm 78 and gots to go pee on a regular basis!!

My wife has far more range anxiety as a passenger than I do as a driver, but as we get older (we're only in our 50s), bladder range becomes more important than battery range.

With that said, I've rolled into a SC at 0% in my old P85D just a couple hundred feet after the car shut down (and had to push it into the SC stall). This was when driving solo, of course. I would have hit the SC 25 miles back if she had been in the car, or maybe even the one before that!