Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Many “Missed” Nov 17 - Jan 18 Estimates Are Out There?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering how many others out there have with a Nov - Jan estimate that have not been invited to configure yet. Curious how many missed estimates there are.

I am a non-owner on the east coast who somehow got in the Nov - Jan group, so in truth I’m not shocked I did not get to configure yet (just disappointed). However I have heard of current owners that have not yet been invited yet while some owners have been invited to configure twice already. This would truly upset me if I was an owner. Seems like a curious choice by Tesla.

Anyway - just wondering who’s out there in the same situation ......

:D
Just wondering how many others out there have with a Nov - Jan estimate that have not been invited to configure yet. Curious how many missed estimates there are.

I am a non-owner on the east coast who somehow got in the Nov - Jan group, so in truth I’m not shocked I did not get to configure yet (just disappointed). However I have heard of current owners that have not yet been invited yet while some owners have been invited to configure twice already. This would truly upset me if I was an owner. Seems like a curious choice by Tesla.

Anyway - just wondering who’s out there in the same situation ......

I'm in your boat, in CA. Of course, there are still over five hours left here :D

The range is defined as a delivery estimate, not a configuration estimate. Those of us outside of CA with Dec-Feb windows who have not yet been invited to configure have basically already been missed.

Since that window was first assigned to me I've been hoping to get the car in April as I did the mental math to convert Tesla Time to Earth Time, but let's be accurate with the window definitions.

The estimator hasn't been updated in while, I expect we'll get new information on or shortly after the earnings call on 2/7/2018. Looking forward to Elon's commentary on the 3's production. You can tell he wants to say so much more (above an beyond the nuggets he does let slip).

-MF

I was surprised when they delayed production by 3 months, but only moved delivery estimates up by 1 month. I am suspecting since then that the extra 2 months will still need to be added.
They didn’t completely delay production by three months, just the speed that it ramps up. So the earliest people still fell within their range, but the further out your date is, the more of a delay you’d have.

From all I can gather, it looks like pretty much all the owners who had nov-jan estimates have been invited (sure there are owners who haven't been invited, but I believe they are late reservers who don't have nov-jan estimates). None of the non-owners who reserved early in the day on the 31st and also have nov-jan estimates have been invited.

They didn’t completely delay production by three months, just the speed that it ramps up. So the earliest people still fell within their range, but the further out your date is, the more of a delay you’d have.
100% right. It would have been kind of dumb to delay EVERYBODY 3 months, when basically until, well, right now, 90% have gotten their cars in their window.

Reactions: erthquake
I would REALLY like to get my Dec-Feb car by mid to late March. As soon as I get it it’s going in a shop for a week for Ceramic Pro and window tinting. I’ve got a road trip to make second week in April and I’d love to take the Model 3.

Yeah, I'm Dec17-Feb18 and while I'd love to get it in that time frame, I think March is more likely, and I will be happy as long as I get mine before my birthday in mid-April. I consider their estimate hopeful at best, but I'd be happy to be pleasantly surprised. :)

Reactions: jtpassat
Yeah, I'm Dec17-Feb18 and ... I will be happy as long as I get mine before my birthday in mid-April.

Ditto on all counts! I think my odds are very much up in the air as a non-owner, though. I am hoping we'll see another batch of invites go out today/tonight, and if they start including CA non-owners I'll be confident I'll see mine in April. If another week or two goes by and we're still on owners and/or they open up SR or non-PUP, I think April is toast for me.

Reactions: jtpassat
Yeah, I'm Dec17-Feb18 and while I'd love to get it in that time frame, I think March is more likely, and I will be happy as long as I get mine before my birthday in mid-April. I consider their estimate hopeful at best, but I'd be happy to be pleasantly surprised. :)
Nice to see another photoshopped NC license plate on a Model 3. Do you already have that tag on your current car?

Nice to see another photoshopped NC license plate on a Model 3. Do you already have that tag on your current car?

Actually I guess I need to re-photoshop it. (And now that there are more photos, use the right color car!) That has been my license plate since I moved to NC but I recently changed to a Carolina Hurricanes one. It's now category 3 hurricane in anticipation of the new car. ;)

cat3.jpg

Reactions: McHoffa