Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many are going to pass on the Enhanced Autopilot and Full Service Driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to get an idea of how many of you will pass on getting enhanced auto-pilot and full service driving. I have been conflicted on this since it was announced a week or so ago. At first I was thinking I was going to get the enhanced auto pilot, but now, I think I may pass on that and maybe get it later. Anyone else thinking the same way?

Thanks,

Kal

I could change my mind, however, at the moment I plan on just autopilot as it is already a usable feature and excellent for highway driving and full autonomous is not even guaranteed to be a feature you can use for years. The only time I do not like driving is any highway traffic or I-5 to Disneyland, autopilot will work for both of those situations so I don't see myself using the autonomous version.

Reactions: UnbeknownstToAll
That's why I'm just getting the regular autopilot. Highway and traffic autopilot are all I really need.
I drive on this twisty two lane road on my way home after the highway, it's totally fun to drive when there's no traffic, but during rush hour even this fills up. EAP is not meant for non-highway and this particular road has a few stop lights, occasional pedestrians crossing the street to grab their mail, or the rare deer running across the road. So for me there's not much choice. Early morning and evening I'm probably tried and not as alert as I should be. I think self driving might be safer than myself and/or relying on AEB to save me.

I think once regulated and proven to be reliable it will be the most sought after feature. I don't believe people who say "I don't need that, I love driving". There is always going to be mundane driving that most people would rather not have to be engaged in.

For me I love performance, but if my choice is between performance motors or self driving, I will take self driving.

I hate autopilot. I enjoy driving. That's why I like Tesla. Not to show off to my friends. Take the bus if you want someone to drive for you.

Yes because when someone is trying to commute to work through heavy traffic its so practical to walk to a bus station, ride the bus through the same heavy traffic, get out far from work and walk the rest of the way instead of having a car that could do it for them .. Meanwhile you will love doing this bumper to bumper driving instead.

• Funny
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Yes because when someone is trying to commute to work through heavy traffic its so practical to walk to a bus station, ride the bus through the same heavy traffic, get out far from work and walk the rest of the way instead of having a car that could do it for them .. Meanwhile you will love doing this bumper to bumper driving instead.
Do you really think people are thinking of AP being a solution for bumper to bumper driving?

I think once regulated and proven to be reliable it will be the most sought after feature. I don't believe people who say "I don't need that, I love driving". There is always going to be mundane driving that most people would rather not have to be engaged in.

For me I love performance, but if my choice is between performance motors or self driving, I will take self driving.
You don't have to believe it for it to be true. No AP for me. I used cruise control for the first time a couple years ago (and that was just to keep myself from speeding). I prefer shifting my own gears. If it were free, I might use it from time to time but I wouldn't pay extra for it. Even if it worked to prevent accidents it would be like riding as a passenger in a car with someone who's driving habits I didn't like. No thanks.

Do you really think people are thinking of AP being a solution for bumper to bumper driving?
That is the number one reason I would use it (if it were free).

Last edited:
Reactions: Winston Wolf