Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Many Car Orders is the Rising Stock Price Creating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The entire market is up. This is as Bonnie points out, the more important issue for Tesla. The TSLA price might give a few sales or increased options, but the total market surge will give 10x to 1000x more sales than a flat or continued low stock market.

The entire market is up. This is as Bonnie points out, the more important issue for Tesla. The TSLA price might give a few sales or increased options, but the total market surge will give 10x to 1000x more sales than a flat or continued low stock market.

Yup, the overall market surge has had a telling effect on local real estate here just since January. It'll surely help sell a lot of $60k+ cars as well.

I'm still hoping that my TSLA holdings rub off a bit on my FB ones :tongue:

MAN this thread looks ridiculous in the light of the past week. People wondering if they should sell at around $45.
I'm a college student. I'm broke. I've been tracking TSLA and SCTY since their IPOs. Wednesday, a boon fell into my lap and I got enough money to invest reasonably.
A little too late and it's a little too gone. Ah well.

At Microsoft in the 90s, there was a running joke about the $1M cars in the parking lot. A lot of the engineers that were hired straight out of school cashed in their first stock option vesting after 1.5 years and bought really nice cars. Within a couple of years the stock had dramatically appreciated and that 911 or Lotus Europa, if left as stock, cost about 10X.

When the high tech bubble burst in 2000 there were people left holding stock that was worth 1/10th to 1/20th of it's peak value.

shoulda, woulda, coulda, it will make you crazy.

At Microsoft in the 90s, there was a running joke about the $1M cars in the parking lot. A lot of the engineers that were hired straight out of school cashed in their first stock option vesting after 1.5 years and bought really nice cars. Within a couple of years the stock had dramatically appreciated and that 911 or Lotus Europa, if left as stock, cost about 10X.

When the high tech bubble burst in 2000 there were people left holding stock that was worth 1/10th to 1/20th of it's peak value.

shoulda, woulda, coulda, it will make you crazy.

So you are saying if you have the $$ to buy the car, not the stock? ;)

I'm a first-time poster here.

A 100K car is generally unfathomable for me. But after a few years of looking, I think the Model S is what I've been looking for. Researched it, test drove it, and see all the fans here spreading Model S goodness to the community. I didn't quite have the money for a P85, so last month, I decided to purchase 2000 TSLA @ 36 and hold it for the year and hope it'll reach about 63 by March of next year. Or maybe over 63 if there are many more nice options to come.

If not, I could always wait a little longer and if my 18-year old car breaks down, there's always Leaf, Volt, etc....

In hindsight that was a great decision. Do you still have those 2000 stocks three weeks later and worth an extra $114,000? Or did you cash in during the ride up? If you didn't sell too quickly you should easily be able to buy that Model S now!

In hindsight that was a great decision. Do you still have those 2000 stocks three weeks later and worth an extra $114,000? Or did you cash in during the ride up? If you didn't sell too quickly you should easily be able to buy that Model S now!

Yeah, it's crazy to see that I've earned more than my annual salary in a little over 2 months! That definitely was not what I had expected! :scared:

I still haven't sold any shares, but I'm going to stay disciplined and hold on to them for at least a year even if the roller-coaster goes downward. I always lose out when I play the buy-sell-buy-sell game and I'm not smart enough to play the puts-calls game; it's too emotionally-draining and time-consuming. IMHO, the positive enthusiasm from Model S owners, the awards, and the positive publicity makes it worth owning the shares a bit longer. I'm only lucky, but that's only on paper and could change any day now.

My own personal Model S is still on the horizon and I hope to purchase one this year or next irregardless of my shares. I just don't yet see any other competitor in its class. :love:

Yeah, it's crazy to see that I've earned more than my annual salary in a little over 2 months! That definitely was not what I had expected! :scared:

Congrats! I have total (unrealized+realized) profits that equate to more than half my annual salary and I thought that was good. I also plan to hold my shares long term. I have been playing with calls for short term games and so far my beginners luck has been way too good. I have to make sure I'm careful now and not lose all my gains, haha.