TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How many "Carry-on" bags and suitcases, and surfboards, would fit in the Model 3 trunk?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by NeverFollow, Apr 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

Looking at the number of Toyota Prius used as Taxi cab as replacement of the Ford Crown Victoria,
    I imagine that the Model 3 will soon be a good candidate for use as Taxi cab with up to four passengers.

I wonder then how many typical Carry-on baggage (suitcase and bags) or "surfboard-like" suitcases would fit in the trunk and frunk? LOL

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

Looking at the following comparison between the Model 3 and the BMW 325,
    I imagine that the internal trunk size of those two cars might be quite similar?
    [​IMG]

BMW 3-Series 325i 4-door Sedan

37" or 940 mm right wheel to left wheel
    38" or 965 mm bumper to seat
    19" or 480 mm floor to top

Carry-on suitcase

22" or 560 mm length
    16" or 355 mm width
    09" or 230 mm thick

So, best would be to put 4 carry-on suitcases (+ 1 suitcases in the frunk, will allow 5 adults with 5 carry-on)

Equivalent volume: Horizontally, two suitcases flat between back seat and bumper, and two other suitcases flat above.

1x22"=22" or 1x560=570 mm length would fit between 37" or 940 mm right wheel to left wheel
    2x16"=32" or 2x355=710 mm width would fit between 38" or 965 mm bumper to seat
    2x09"=18" or 2x230=460 mm thick would fit between 19" or 480mm floor to top

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  3. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

..well, about the surboard, I think you can still but but some on the roof, right?

[​IMG]