Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many changes did you make while waiting for confirmation?

How many changes did you make while in the longest week of your life?

• None, I was in Nirvana, fully confident in my choices!

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • One. That thing I was on the fence about (say pano, or wheels or whatever).

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Two or three. Alsmost felt reasonable.

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I switched models! Added a "D" or a "P".

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Don't ask. I was messing with it until the last second.

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My life was too busy so the wait wasn't too bad. In fact my order wasn't confirmed at the end of the week. I had to work with my ds to get it confirmed the week after.

When I did get a chance I played devil's advocate on every single choice and reconfirmed why I had made that choice, that the choice still felt right and it would be right for a long time to come.

I ended up changing the color which I knew could happen because I had yet to see my color when I placed the order. I also changed from carbon fiber to piano because it looked better with the grey seats.

Last edited:
I'm a week past my confirmation, I've changed nothing. In fact, my DS called and said they're making the cars fast enough that I might get it well within the initial estimate, maybe early. I visited a Tesla showroom so much, bugged the wife so much that I knew what I wanted. Now I'm in the process of selling my oldest, highest-mileage vehicle to make room in the garage for the electric one.

I added air suspension and debated for about a day whether to pull the trigger on going from a 90D to P90DL but decided that 1) I didn't want to spend 30k for 1.4 seconds no matter how cool it was at this point and 2) the most important feature to me was range and even though the range isn't that much less it was still less. So yeah, they still managed to get $2500 more out of me but not the 30k lol.

Sounds like they do things a bit different now. My experience was: decided I need to check out Tesla, no service center or store within 250 miles. So, I just got on my iPad and configured a few variations (back then you could save them with different names and go back to them later). Things like premium lighting and a couple others were bundled with the tech pkg back then, so that was a given. Pano in FL? Yes, please. Air suspension... I've never had it so sounded like fun. 19" wheels are fine for me. Leather interior, but what color? This and the trim were my most difficult choices! Black leather, obeche gloss (mine has the grain running vertically, no longer available). Upgraded sound? Always. That was about it in 2013! So, never having seen or driven one, I chose blue exterior, and clicked to reserve. Two days later I got an email telling me it was time to finalize! I wasn't expecting anything so soon, so I didn't see it for a couple of days. When I finally did, I just went for it. THEN the torturous waiting began. I was a raving lunatic here on TMC for about 6 weeks. Ah, good memories!

I've never regretted my choices, although since I've fallen in love with the gray interior...

For those of you with red, which interior did you choose? I originally chose black, but am now thinking tan. My gut was black as it's easier to "keep clean" (looking, anyway). But now that I have thought about it and the fact that my kids are older (teens driving or about to), I'm thinking tan. I did not like the alacantara on the dash in the black. It looks from the pics online at the configurator that the tan does not have that, but just black leather. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks!

Enjoying these guys!
The one change I am on the fence about is the pano roof. My Tesla owner advisor is swinging by tomorrow with a red 70D with pano and CF, to see if the thing can get over the ramp to get in my garage space. And also how well it fits in there.
Desicions, desicions!

Ordered another 60 for the updated features. My early 2013 did not even have parking sensors. I was very smug about my order thinking that I knew exactly what I wanted. On the 7th day, the 70D was released with the new colors. Immediately changed to the 70D w/ Warm Silver. Soooo happy!

- - - Updated - - -

For those of you with red, which interior did you choose? I originally chose black, but am now thinking tan. My gut was black as it's easier to "keep clean" (looking, anyway). But now that I have thought about it and the fact that my kids are older (teens driving or about to), I'm thinking tan. I did not like the alacantara on the dash in the black. It looks from the pics online at the configurator that the tan does not have that, but just black leather. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks!

I had the all leather-ish dash on prior S. I have tan interior in new S and it comes with the alcantara dash. It was not my favorite part of the interior, but it did grow on me. I ordered the white headliner for brightness as I did not have the sunroof. It looks great! Blends very well with the tan.