Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many days after inspection does it take to get invoiced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to my project coordinator today. She said it usually takes about 5 business days to send the invoice. Additionally, she said it usually takes about 2 weeks after final inspection to get all the paper work together to submit to PG&E for PTO. I could have sworn I've read accounts where the PTO request is sent within a day or two of final inspection approval.

I talked to my project coordinator today. She said it usually takes about 5 business days to send the invoice. Additionally, she said it usually takes about 2 weeks after final inspection to get all the paper work together to submit to PG&E for PTO. I could have sworn I've read accounts where the PTO request is sent within a day or two of final inspection approval.
Were there any changes they had to make to your project during the install? One possible source of delay requesting PTO could be if they have to revise the application. But it may also be that Tesla is just slammed and that is the size of their backlog.

I think this is one of those situations where the actual submission is a fairly quick and easy process, but obviously your system is not the only one the submitter is working on, so they may have a week or two of other submissions to get through before they get to yours. It’s possible that other people may have just happened to have been in the right place at the right time when there wasn’t much of a backlog.

Additionally I think that Tesla tends to quote worst case scenario times. If they tell you 2 weeks and it’s actually done in 5 days then you’ll be happy. If they tell you 3 days and it’s not done for 5 days then you’ll be annoyed and calling them to see what’s up.

Ours was quick. But, considering the number of people that purchased solar systems in the second half of the year, due to Tesla's cut-throat pricing and IRS dropping the tax credit amount, I am not surprised the process is taking longer.

Last edited:
My install is tomorrow and they still have not sent the Interconnect docs for me to sign. Talked to the installer today and he said my system will be up and running with my solar charging the Powerwalls tomorrow. Inspection is just a formality. We'll see.

They told me the interconnect docs for PTO would take at least 2 weeks after final inspection for them to even send them.