Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many days after inspection does it take to get invoiced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, we just got our email from PG&E granting us PTO. Tesla was copied on it so from what I understand we will be getting a text from them in the next day or two (and account updated to “Power On”). So excited. Solar and PWs. Application was submitted to PG&E on 10/5.

We were part of the customer base who early on this year had contracts with payment provisions of 50% when installers arrived at house to start, with balance upon PTO, so expect our bill soon.

BTW once we get it ready to go thru Tesla's end we can call and get the account changed so that I’ll also see the Solar/PWs on my phone app.

Last edited:
It's now been a month to the day since final inspection and still no invoice.

Some installs and payment were predicated on inspection date and others only after PTO granted. We were under the PTO granted group but then we were contracted to pay half when team first showed up and the balance after we got PTO, whereas others paid in full after install was done and before Tesla submited for PTO. What is your situation? To me sounds like your payment might not be due until after PTO which I see from what you posted last week had only been submitted like 11/3. Our utility (PG&E) took several weeks for them to send the PTO approval after Tesla sent the application and final plans to them and they reviewed everything. Sometimes the utility won't grant approval until after additional changes are made but most seem to go through on first pass. Don't go crazy over getting the payment request.

Last edited:
Paying cash and they didn't require a first half. Not sure why they do for some and not for others. My total bill including the service panel upgrade should be about $42K.

My PTO got stalled. I called today to ask about the status and mentioned to them that I had called two on the 11th to ask about the interconnection agreement form they sent seemed to be the wrong one (they one they sent is for 10 KW storage systems or less). They said they'd look into it. Now I find out today that PG&E rejected the application a week ago and nothing else has happened since. So I'm sitting in limbo with PTO stalled and no invoice.