TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How many forum members have their car? And how many have had the car taken to the Service Center?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by steven415, Feb 17, 2018.

?

Have you taken your 3 to the service center?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Don't own a 3

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. steven415

steven415 Member

I know there are a lot of VIN trackers and member trackers out there, but I was wondering if we could get a Service Center Tracker going or added on?

I am curious at the % of Model 3s needing to go back to the service centers for repairs or bad craftsmanship.

While I don't think this will deter me from buying my 3 when it's my turn, It might be useful to track for a few quarters of this year.

• Like x 1
  2. canyondrive

canyondrive Member

Probably need to go in 2nd time for non-dimming rear view cabin mirror and charger door needs service message. Charging door still works.

• Helpful x 1
  3. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

@Troy Would be nice to have a tracker that can show both how many times VIN (part of it) in service and also what percentage (%) of ownership spent in a service center and also graphs relative to both time owned and time purchased because if there are issues you would expect them to be resolved early on. Possibly track also times waiting to get into service.

• Like x 1
  4. Zythryn

Zythryn M3 Silver, M3 Midnight Silver

I have been to the service center, however I voted no as it was not for a repair (it was for a second set of wheels I had ordered).
    This really isn't going to tell you much over time, as the numbers can change quickly.
    You really need a spreadsheet to track this.

For example, even though I voted NO, I may have a repair next week.
    Or, 90% of owners may have to bring it in for a repair within a month, but not need to go again for 10 years (made up stats, I don't believe either is likely). The resulting poll wouldn't give you an accurate picture.

5. RedOctober

RedOctober Member

I
    If you’re worried about the quality or workmanship don’t be. Most comments I have read from people who have them love them and say they are well put together. A report just came out of German by the people who took the car apart, benchmarked and reverse-engineered it, stated they were very impressed.

• Informative x 1
  6. trace

trace Member

It's also worth noting that the people who have no issues are out enjoying the car instead of posting on the forums about it. The majority will always be quite.

• Like x 3
  7. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

When aiming at improving things, only complaints matter as they can be dealt with constructively and proactively to better quality of processes and outcomes.

8. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

Took delivery on 12/26. Went into service with 3 issues on 2/9 and picked up on 2/14. 1 issue fixed, 1 issue intermittent and not seen, and one issue termed "normal" and not addressed.

• Informative x 1
  9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Running a poll on TMC will not provide you with accurate data because it is not a random sample. People who have had issues with their car are far more likely to participate in the poll compared to people who have not had issues and therefore are not scanning TMC looking for reports of problems because they are happy with their car.

• Like x 1
  10. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Yes, they will be quite quiet.

• Funny x 2
  11. steven415

steven415 Member

While this is obviously flawed, it's better than defending the car blindly. I'm sure a lot of non owners like myself are worried about going to the service center and having to take time off work to do so.

12. camrunr

camrunr Member

My rear speakers not connected, and the A-pillar trim pieces are separating. At the local service center, the speakers were an easy fix, but they ordered new trim pieces for the A-pillar business. I'm going in tomorrow to get the trim installed/fixed, and also 2 new issues: The left scroll wheel is inconsistent. Sometimes I have to scroll for 3 or 4 swipes for the volume to even recognize a change was made. And the rubber seal around the driver window is having issues. (see pic)

Additionally, while cleaning my windshield last Friday, I bumped my review mirror. Ever so slightly. It literally fell off the ball joint deal it connects with. After several minutes of attempting re-connection myself, i punted and contacted my local super-awesome Ranger. He stopped by and fixed it pronto. Bonus: Got to geek out on Tesla tech/chatter from his PoV.

EDIT: Forgot, the first trip to the SC also addressed a slight pull to the right that was present and obvious since delivery.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1