Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many forum members have their car? And how many have had the car taken to the Service Center?

Have you taken your 3 to the service center?

• Yes

• No

• Don't own a 3

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there are a lot of VIN trackers and member trackers out there, but I was wondering if we could get a Service Center Tracker going or added on?

I am curious at the % of Model 3s needing to go back to the service centers for repairs or bad craftsmanship.

While I don't think this will deter me from buying my 3 when it's my turn, It might be useful to track for a few quarters of this year.

Reactions: Petesjca
@Troy Would be nice to have a tracker that can show both how many times VIN (part of it) in service and also what percentage (%) of ownership spent in a service center and also graphs relative to both time owned and time purchased because if there are issues you would expect them to be resolved early on. Possibly track also times waiting to get into service.

Reactions: Petesjca
I have been to the service center, however I voted no as it was not for a repair (it was for a second set of wheels I had ordered).
This really isn't going to tell you much over time, as the numbers can change quickly.
You really need a spreadsheet to track this.

For example, even though I voted NO, I may have a repair next week.
Or, 90% of owners may have to bring it in for a repair within a month, but not need to go again for 10 years (made up stats, I don't believe either is likely). The resulting poll wouldn't give you an accurate picture.

I
I know there are a lot of VIN trackers and member trackers out there, but I was wondering if we could get a Service Center Tracker going or added on?

I am curious at the % of Model 3s needing to go back to the service centers for repairs or bad craftsmanship.

While I don't think this will deter me from buying my 3 when it's my turn, It might be useful to track for a few quarters of this year.
If you’re worried about the quality or workmanship don’t be. Most comments I have read from people who have them love them and say they are well put together. A report just came out of German by the people who took the car apart, benchmarked and reverse-engineered it, stated they were very impressed.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
I

If you’re worried about the quality or workmanship don’t be. Most comments I have read from people who have them love them and say they are well put together. A report just came out of German by the people who took the car apart, benchmarked and reverse-engineered it, stated they were very impressed.
It's also worth noting that the people who have no issues are out enjoying the car instead of posting on the forums about it. The majority will always be quite.

Running a poll on TMC will not provide you with accurate data because it is not a random sample. People who have had issues with their car are far more likely to participate in the poll compared to people who have not had issues and therefore are not scanning TMC looking for reports of problems because they are happy with their car.

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
My rear speakers not connected, and the A-pillar trim pieces are separating. At the local service center, the speakers were an easy fix, but they ordered new trim pieces for the A-pillar business. I'm going in tomorrow to get the trim installed/fixed, and also 2 new issues: The left scroll wheel is inconsistent. Sometimes I have to scroll for 3 or 4 swipes for the volume to even recognize a change was made. And the rubber seal around the driver window is having issues. (see pic)

Additionally, while cleaning my windshield last Friday, I bumped my review mirror. Ever so slightly. It literally fell off the ball joint deal it connects with. After several minutes of attempting re-connection myself, i punted and contacted my local super-awesome Ranger. He stopped by and fixed it pronto. Bonus: Got to geek out on Tesla tech/chatter from his PoV.

EDIT: Forgot, the first trip to the SC also addressed a slight pull to the right that was present and obvious since delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    301.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Informative
Reactions: cwerdna