Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many guys driving Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is a strange question. My Model S lease is up next year and I'm thinking of the Model X just because it's bigger and seems a little more luxurious if that makes sense. However, Tesla seems to have marketed the X toward women and I don't see many men in my area driving the X. I, of course, want to look masculine in my new car. :) So, are there any guys out there driving the X and do you still feel manly? :)

Hell yes I drive a MX, when my wife lets me. If it's a "woman's car", that's just fine, and I'm also an RN (real men are nurses)..... I have no problem with being a part of a woman's world! We both drive SUVs, only mine is a BMW x5, and I have to say like her SUV MX a lot better than the BMW. When it is time for the BMW to go away, I'll have an MX also. Get the MX, you'll lover it.

And how precisely is Tesla 'marketing Model X toward women'? They don't advertise, so I'd say it's a figment of your imagination. '-)

Just something I read a while back (2015)....

2018-08-03_132657.jpg

I know this is a strange question. My Model S lease is up next year and I'm thinking of the Model X just because it's bigger and seems a little more luxurious if that makes sense. However, Tesla seems to have marketed the X toward women and I don't see many men in my area driving the X. I, of course, want to look masculine in my new car. :) So, are there any guys out there driving the X and do you still feel manly? :)

Here's a question for you. Does my mini...cross...uh. SUV indicate that I'm a girl or guy?

full

To be funny:
The X is pretty much an obese S. It's like a former young fit guy getting old, getting a family and a dad bod.
So the X fits me.

To be serious:
You need a car that meets your needs. I see all the Tesla's as fairly gender neutral. The X needs the most help to make it 'aggressive' but you can't/shouldn't modify a lease.

Reactions: mknox