Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many guys driving Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny this list is wrong - 80% of Miatas are sold to men globally. It's one of the best sport track cars ever made. More fake news :rolleyes:
10 Reasons Spec Miata Is The Best Racing Car - Winding Road

It’s not entirely from the car you drive but the attitudes, roles, expectations, basic survival common sense around masculinity is important.

THIS^^^^^^^ Also the dude with .45 ACP would be in the living room having a drink with me even if he was driving a Miata. Then we would walk out to the garage so I could show him my Supercharged Miata :)

They still sell the Ford Exploder?

A very good but sensitive, but not gay friend (nothing wrong with that if you are) drives a Miata so just poking fun around that. ;)

VW Bug however.. there is no selling a guy driving one. NONE. EVER. Could be 900HP and 100% carbon fiber. Don't care.

My EDC is 9MM but I do have a few .380s that fit in the pocket. (I don't admit that very often) ;)

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
...however she may disagree...;):p

This is a fun topic to discuss..I don’t see the MX as masculine or feminine, but color/rims gives it an aggressive or refined look. I ordered black and will be getting black 22’s because I wanted it to look like a beast. I guess after reading these posts, I’m going for the “manly” look. I wanted a stark contrast to my MS that was pearl white with silver after market rims. I love that I can tow my horses, carry plenty of stuff from Home Depot in the back, AND take it when we want to go for a nice dinner out (dress and heels). It’s perfectly right for anyone!

Please find another thread to troll. I was rather enjoying hearing the different opinions of people. Your comments offered nothing to the discussion.
Dude, get over it. This is the Internet. If you post something and expect everyone to agree with you, especially on a topic as ridiculous as whether a car is masculine, then you are not allowing for the VAST variation of opinions in this world. Just because someone does not agree with you does not make them a troll. They just might have a valid, but widely differing, point. I sure don't like it when people disagree with me, but that is the beauty of putting it out in front of thousands of people: you'll get all kinds of feedback. I've learned that Internet posts require me to have thicker skin...

Dude, get over it. This is the Internet. If you post something and expect everyone to agree with you, especially on a topic as ridiculous as whether a car is masculine, then you are not allowing for the VAST variation of opinions in this world. Just because someone does not agree with you does not make them a troll. They just might have a valid, but widely differing, point. I sure don't like it when people disagree with me, but that is the beauty of putting it out in front of thousands of people: you'll get all kinds of feedback. I've learned that Internet posts require me to have thicker skin...
welcome to the good ole US of A where we have free thoughts and the freedom to express it how we want...so yeah i support you :D

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me at all. I haven't even really taken a position with which to disagree. I just posed a somewhat tongue in cheek question. I'm all for spirited debate. However, when someone just takes a swipe at a poster or a thread and offers nothing else, that is, by definition, a troll. Please google "Internet Troll".

• Love
Reactions: jboy210 and P85_DA
I don't think the X is a particularly "feminine" car from a driver's perspective, but the girls do certainly love it! Haven't had my masculinity questioned while driving it yet either. It's a very quick car with big wheels and that always appeals to the macho guys right?

I don't think the X is a particularly "feminine" car from a driver's perspective, but the girls do certainly love it! Haven't had my masculinity questioned while driving it yet either. It's a very quick car with big wheels and that always appeals to the macho guys right?
Why is everyone associating the Model X with femininity?

Are you saying my body looks big? How dare you, you insensitive bastard!

You may deny it but I see you looking at images of roadster late at night and then clearing your internet history!

You probably want to drive my sister’s I-Pace because it’s a younger model!

I really like the look with the 22s. My only gripe is the range loss (not that big of a deal) and having to deal with snow tires in the winter since I assume they come with summers stock.

I too like the look of the 22's (and the 21's on the Model S) but would never get them because:
  • Reduced range
  • Wear out faster and much more expensive to replace
  • Rims much more susceptible to pothole damage
  • Reduced trailer towing capacity
But snow tires are needed whether the smaller or larger rims. "All Season" tires are really just "3 Season Tires" wherever you get real winter conditions and whether you have RWD or AWD, you NEED winter tires.

• Disagree
Reactions: spectrum
800HP SRT Jeep. Dam do I miss this truck.
20170720_165053.jpg

LOL and yes my wife wanted the SUV but I wasn't sold on the look of them. The doors are cool though

I too like the look of the 22's (and the 21's on the Model S) but would never get them because:
  • Reduced range
  • Wear out faster and much more expensive to replace
  • Rims much more susceptible to pothole damage
  • Reduced trailer towing capacity
But snow tires are needed whether the smaller or larger rims. "All Season" tires are really just "3 Season Tires" wherever you get real winter conditions and whether you have RWD or AWD, you NEED winter tires.

In fairness, all season tires are much better in cold and snow than the performance summer tires Tesla ships the P models with.

Having said that, you're right that the single best upgrade for winter driving for any car and pretty essential for any serious conditions.

• Disagree
Reactions: spectrum
In fairness, all season tires are much better in cold and snow than the performance summer tires Tesla ships the P models with.

Having said that, you're right that the single best upgrade for winter driving for any car and pretty essential for any serious conditions.

Tesla doesn't ship the P models with Summer tires. Those tires are identical to the All-Season 22" on any non-P Model X.