Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many had issues with rumbling noice from ac

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model x 2017. Last week it was parked at a shopping center for 30 min when I got back I found someone had hit it in the front. As I do have sentry mode I tried to retrieve the footage but no luck . I went to Tesla center and asked them for help but no luck either. Per them the usb drive was corrupt according to them because I keep it always plugged in . I though the whole purpose of the sentry mode is to make the car safe and for this type of situations well I did not help.

Yesterday all of the sudden the AC started making a loud rumbling noise to a point that car starts shaking. I turn it off and asked to set up appointment with service center the earliest appointment given is for next week. I just went to supercharger but as soon as started charging again the rumbling noise started, so I can not even charge the car.

This is completely ridiculous. I mean I always liked the car, but really finally have to admit , it was build bad and not practical. Extremely annoyed with all this BS.

Any thoughts?

What's ridiculous/BS? It's standard practice to reformat dashcam storage media, Tesla or not. That's not on Tesla.

Somebody hit the front of your car and you are having AC issues. Possibly related? Or maybe just a coincidence and your AC compressor is failing.

But, you mentioned the noise comes when you SC the car. Sounds like you have some cooling issue that might be related to being hit. Or, just bad timing.

Reactions: jboy210
I have a model x 2017. Last week it was parked at a shopping center for 30 min when I got back I found someone had hit it in the front. As I do have sentry mode I tried to retrieve the footage but no luck . I went to Tesla center and asked them for help but no luck either. Per them the usb drive was corrupt according to them because I keep it always plugged in . I though the whole purpose of the sentry mode is to make the car safe and for this type of situations well I did not help.

Yesterday all of the sudden the AC started making a loud rumbling noise to a point that car starts shaking. I turn it off and asked to set up appointment with service center the earliest appointment given is for next week. I just went to supercharger but as soon as started charging again the rumbling noise started, so I can not even charge the car.

This is completely ridiculous. I mean I always liked the car, but really finally have to admit , it was build bad and not practical. Extremely annoyed with all this BS.

Any thoughts?
Loose compressor mount bolts