Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many KW are you pulling at Ver 3 Superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took my Model X 100D 2017 to a ver 3 supercharger (250kw). Not 100% sure it was but the guide in the google reviews said it was....

I saw a max of 150 kW on my dash display...

I didnt watch it the entire time...i was away from vehicle between 30-60%....

Anyway for those of u with model X’s, please reply with
-year of your model X 20##
- max kW rate you’ve pulled at a supercharger

Michael

Before my 2018 XP100D(E battery 81xx VIN) was capped I was able to hit 174kw at a V3 supercharger few times ..this was very brief though less than 2min this whole V3 thing doesn’t IMO save time ..the conditions need to be perfect to hit max speed (ie warm battery on route to SC,temps outside , soc) etc... the taper on the 100 batt starts around 50% where it drops below 100kw speed the max speeds are usually from the 20-45 % range

Not the batteries in 3 & Y that helps — it’s the cooling in the modules and packs. I maxed out at 179kW at Ehrenberg in my 2017 X P100D:
3626CC21-C52B-4252-8B29-0491DB488D8F.jpeg

Reactions: Big Ike
For you guys that are hitting 198-201 kW, how long is that sustained for?

When it drops down, what rate do you stay at for the 30 minutes or so following your 'drop down' from ~200kW

Also, can anyone explain how and why some people get their supercharge rate capped?

Also, can anyone explain how and why some people get their supercharge rate capped?

for older batteries ..60/85 Tesla did this via software update (search “batterygate/charger gate”) here ...the 90 batteries had some bad chemistry and Tesla capped those as well ...I’m capped but no complaints I drive the car a lot and need to supercharge:eek:

Amazing, it drops to under 100kW in just a few minutes?

Heh, my 75D does 5-42% at 125kW before tapering. Looks it might pull first 35kWh faster than that... ??
if you check the linked twitter thread, on v2 it stays above 100 longer. It's just on v3 it quickly goest to 200, overheats something in the car and is then forced lower faster. Overall the time spent charging ended up the same.

• Informative
Reactions: _jmk and P85_DA
For you guys that are hitting 198-201 kW, how long is that sustained for?

Looks like I arrived at about 13%, got to 150kW almost immediately, got to 200kW after 3 minutes and 22% battery, and maintained 200kW for 3 minutes, then dropped quickly to 130kW and then slowly drifted down to 100kW over the course of 15 more minutes after that. I stopped at 75% SoC, at which point I was still getting almost 90kW. All in all I got 62% SoC in 28 minutes. My pack is at 90.4kWh usable, so average of 2kWh/minute or 120kW...

upload_2020-8-4_16-46-55.png

I did another long, low starting SoC charge the day before at a V2 Supercharger. That one was from 6% to 57% and took 31 minutes, so only 1.49kWh/minute average even though it was in a lower range. On that one I got to 130kW quickly, maintained it for 5 minutes, but then tapered down relatively quickly to the mid-80s and stayed there.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MXLRplus and P85_DA
The most important thing about V3 chargers is not their peak kW output but that the SC’s are no longer paired, making it so you will never be affected by your fellow Tesla-mate charging.

Tesla added V3 chargers to our local station and I found it interesting that tha stalls were labeled 7A, 7B, 7C, and 7D, no longer just A/B. Several cars were spaced four stalls apart, but are you saying that's not necessary?