Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many [lifetime] miles do you have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On one of my other ride's forum, there is a mileage thread. It is interesting to see the heavy commuters racking up miles month-over-month and others posting "milestones" (100k, 200k miles). So I thought it would be neat to start one on this forum, so please post up and post up regularly! :)

To start, I've only had this car for a bit over 2 weeks and have racked up 1,100 miles.

Note to moderators: Please adjust this to the forum's needs (Sticky Thread or Normal Thread)
Got my Model 3 March 18th. 4125 miles so far. Question: do I really have to rotate the tires every 6000 miles? Can any garage do this?

Got my Model 3 March 18th. 4125 miles so far. Question: do I really have to rotate the tires every 6000 miles? Can any garage do this?
@JoeGia If you don't want to rotate preemptively then monitor your tread depth. Once it becomes measurably uneven front vs rear, time to rotate. Note how many miles that took. On any Model 3, or really any Tesla to date, most likely the rear tires will wear quicker.

I've seen many reports of Tesla delivering these cars with poor alignment, especially too much toe, and people only realizing when their first set of tires get chewed up too quickly. Go get your car aligned now if you haven't already.

Yes any garage can swap wheels around on a Tesla. So can Tesla Mobile Service (for a few) if they serve your area. Most tire shops will do so complimentary if you bought your tires from them (that won't help for your first set of tires that came with the car of course). Main things are (in no particular order):

* Some lift arm cups aren't shaped well to directly lift the Model 3's frame, so it's best to keep a set of "lift pucks" in the car in case they're useful. These are the ones I bought, I've used them a couple times and they work fine. Came in a nice case. There's a bunch of basically identical looking products under different brand names and sellers.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YKK7LKH/

* Lug nut torque spec is 129 lbs/ft

* [This point is true for any car!] Don't go to lazy incompetent garages that fully torque or even overtorque the lug nuts with the wheels in the air. Partially torquing them in the air is good, can do so using an impact wrench with a torque stick that has a low limit, and good garages / tire shops that also work quickly will do it that way. However never fully torque using an impact wrench or wheels in the air. Next the car should be partially lowered so the wheels are touching the ground with some of the car's weight on them, but not nearly all. Finish torquing by hand with a torque wrench, and only then fully lower the car's weight onto the springs/ground. (I know you're not planning to do swap wheels yourself, but if you go to a shop that skips any steps, don't go back.)

Last edited:
March 2018 Model 3 LR RWD with 83,086 miles. Will be putting more miles now because I'll be driving about 32,000 miles per year. I started charging to 90% daily and my full charge shows 290 miles of range.
Actually my tested range is 295 miles, not 290 miles like I misremembered. Not bad considering when I picked up my car brand new at the service center it showed 308 miles of range at 100% charge. Charging up to above 85% for a period of time helps the BMS recalibrate the battery cells and can improve your rated range.

• Informative
Reactions: Subie2M3
I've owned four Teslas. Both of my previous Model Ses had over 100,000 miles on them (105K?) and my current S has 36K miles in two years, while wifey's 3 has 35K. We don't go anywhere special, just drive here and there, except it's 30 miles to town and near fifty to our daughter's house. I feel that the Tesla is very reliable, low maintenance, low cost per mile to drive, with my electricity costing about a fourth of what gas would be. The higher price of the Tesla is simply the cost of driving electric on a car with decent range, that is, I saw an ad for another company's EV which offered one for around $35K, but it only got about 160 miles on a charge. No thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: Subie2M3