Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many miles did your car come with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has 15 miles on it already, and I'm curious how so many miles were already put on the car at delivery?
I'm picking up at Fremont so even if they drove it to the deliver center, it wouldn't have been a 15 mile drive.

Anyone have any insight? I'm really hoping this car wasn't a rejected vehicle.

• Disagree
Reactions: outdoors
My Model 3 SR+ had about the same amount. Today my SR MY had 15 as well. 15 is pretty standard. All cars have mileage when they are out of the factory to see if they run smoothly. Plus, it is logically, do you think somebody drove it 7.5 miles one-way and said “Nah, I don’t think this, let me reject it” and drive another 7.5 miles back?

Reactions: Nrazar
My first Tesla had 18 miles on it when I picked it up in 2015, when the delivery center was in front of the factory.
In 2017, My second Model S was sitting near Chicago, it got shipped back to the Rocklin/Sacramento store. It had 5 miles on it. The initial paperwork says 50 miles, but that is for a buffer.

My car has 15 miles on it already, and I'm curious how so many miles were already put on the car at delivery?
I'm picking up at Fremont so even if they drove it to the deliver center, it wouldn't have been a 15 mile drive.

Do you actually have the car or is that on paperwork somewhere? Ours reported 15 (on the paperwork) but in actuality had only 7 miles when we picked it up.

I suspect maybe they list 15 as a minimum number to make their lives easier (and since no one is likely to complain if its a few miles less) and then possibly revise the number up in the few cases that it exceeds that.

15 is not an unreasonable number for a new car, I had ordered a custom build Mini many years ago that was delivered with 13 miles and I was sure that was delivered directly to me by the dealer.... if it were to exceed 20 I'd start to wonder...

Do you actually have the car or is that on paperwork somewhere? Ours reported 15 (on the paperwork) but in actuality had only 7 miles when we picked it up.

I suspect maybe they list 15 as a minimum number to make their lives easier (and since no one is likely to complain if its a few miles less) and then possibly revise the number up in the few cases that it exceeds that.

15 is not an unreasonable number for a new car, I had ordered a custom build Mini many years ago that was delivered with 13 miles and I was sure that was delivered directly to me by the dealer.... if it were to exceed 20 I'd start to wonder...
It's the paperwork that states 15 miles.
I'm picking up the car tomorrow, I'll let you guys know.

Reactions: tibook
I think it's just a placeholder number. Mine also says "15." I believe I've read here in the forums they pick a standard number (15) and usually it's less than that when you pick it up. Picking mine up tomorrow and, if I remember, I'll chime in with my actual mileage.

Reactions: tibook
15 miles and I also picked mine up from Fremont.

I noticed that they ran it hard at the factory. I wish I had taken a picture at pick-up and not after driving to work.

MY_initial_drive.jpg