Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many miles did your NEW 2021 MSLR or Plaid come with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short. They changed my order to direct delivery without contacting me and just literally dropped the car off in my driveway and left. If I didn't have a camera, I wouldn't even know it was at my house. Came home from lunch, and yeah, even from outside something is fishy on the inside...

After sometime on hold, the delivery supervisor kept tripping over his words... but it was previously delivered, retrieved, needed repairs, and obviously now they're trying to pawn it off on me....

They literally dropped off a car I didn't accept, without keys 5 hours early, and is now blocking my garage door so I have a huge shiny battery pack chilling on my driveway.

Bravo Tesla... I almost want to block the car in now on my driveway as this car will now be rejected twice and I'm sure the third person, tomorrow probably, will accept it.....

I'm in Scottsdale with the same config as yours except for no 21 wheels and FSD (Which I think they can add to any car). My current lease is up next week so for once I hope I don't get a call tomorrow :)

Long story short. They changed my order to direct delivery without contacting me and just literally dropped the car off in my driveway and left. If I didn't have a camera, I wouldn't even know it was at my house. Came home from lunch, and yeah, even from outside something is fishy on the inside...

After sometime on hold, the delivery supervisor kept tripping over his words... but it was previously delivered, retrieved, needed repairs, and obviously now they're trying to pawn it off on me....

They literally dropped off a car I didn't accept, without keys 5 hours early, and is now blocking my garage door so I have a huge shiny battery pack chilling on my driveway.

Bravo Tesla... I almost want to block the car in now on my driveway as this car will now be rejected twice and I'm sure the third person, tomorrow probably, will accept it.....

WTH.

Did you pre-pay the delivery or was it still pending funds? Sorta wild they'd just start dropping cars everywhere.

Reactions: RobInAZ
WTH.

Did you pre-pay the delivery or was it still pending funds? Sorta wild they'd just start dropping cars everywhere.
No, it was financed, but all down payments were made. The change to direct delivery was a change made by an employee, not Tesla. Lets just say I got a few words in with a higher up and it made an impression as I have no complaints about Tesla as a whole (not trolling the internets with deets so I can get a free Plaid upgrade 😜) - this experience went sour when an employee got WAY too defensive about the entire situation rather than just following standard protocol...

But yes, I did "reject" the car and it was because of "too many miles"...

• Informative
Reactions: theatrus
No, it was financed, but all down payments were made. The change to direct delivery was a change made by an employee, not Tesla. Lets just say I got a few words in with a higher up and it made an impression as I have no complaints about Tesla as a whole (not trolling the internets with deets so I can get a free Plaid upgrade 😜) - this experience went sour when an employee got WAY too defensive about the entire situation rather than just following standard protocol...

But yes, I did "reject" the car and it was because of "too many miles"...
Did you get a feel for when you would get another vin for a new car?

Did you see anything wrong with the car, or was this more on principle? This is the first I'm hearing of the "bastard" lot.
Re "Bastard's" and "Reject's" lots at Fremont - this is well discussed in the main Refreshed delivery thread that is nearly 4000 pages long. There was even a guy (Gabe) that flew his drone over these godforsaken lots weekly and posted the vids for all to see what was in these lots, yeah, lots with an S. For the refreshed MS, the Bastard VINs ranged from 431/432 - 434/435, I think, but don't quote me on that.