Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many miles will you put on your Tesla in 8 years? To infinity... and beyond!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In 8 years I expect to drive about 500k km (312.000 mi), mostly business. However, it may be split between the Model S and the upcoming X.

Then there is a slight chance I will get rid of the S, if the X appears more enjoyable.

The roadster on the other hand is here to stay (another 12.000 mi per year).

Based on what I used my first year + the curvature of the increase in driving, then once I factor in the posision of the moon, increases in the coolness factor, and my goal of visiting every supercharger in the USA and Canada, I expect 400,000 minimum in my 60 if it holds out past the warranty (not holding my breath on that though with my early drivetrain and 60 battery). though I hope it does hold out.

I've also been driving more since getting the Tesla. I used to frankly hate driving, and David99 describes above what's also worked for me with the Tesla.

I also fly a small plane, which is really the epitome of point - to - point convenience, but even so I find myself driving my usual PHX to SAN route now. It's just me and my 6-yr old, and the 5-6 hour drive gives us time to talk and play road games, then when she falls asleep I get "alone time," to think, catch up on my (audio) reading, etc. I arrive surprisingly refreshed - not really road burnt at all even compared to the Mercedes' I used to drive, which to me is amazing. Then compare a $250 RT fuel bill in the plane to what it costs me between the Yuma supercharger and my dryer outlet and a Blink station (= under $50) and I've been driving instead. Flying is still really, really fun but for routine use I'd rather drive it now.

Add in the psychological effect of an infinity-mile warranty, and... well I'm not given to grandiose statements, but Tesla has revolutionized driving for this customer.

You drive 75.000 miles a year? Wow, I just can't get over how much some people drive o_O

I had a 65 mile round-trip commute for a year until a few weeks ago and it sucked.

I do around 300 miles per week day. So 300x5 then I took that times 50 weeks per year to give some leeway. But that doesn't include weekends or trips. But its very hard to say 8 years from now. Most of last week and the weekend I didn't use my MS. But I do plan to take some trips to the mid west once the supercharger network is out that way.

If I was in Germany I may drive more. :)

I'm finding that I'm driving 25% more in my Model S than in any prior vehicle. The cost-per-mile for fuel and maintenance is so little, it provides an incentive to go on weekend drives that would have previously cost me $150 in gasoline. This is the opposite of my experience with Ferraris, for example, where maintenance alone could cost $2/mile.