Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many model 3 reservations will cancel out of 400,000?

how many 3 reservations will cancel?

• 100,001+

Votes: 33 20.1%
  • 50,001-100,000

Votes: 22 13.4%
  • 25,001-50,000

Votes: 53 32.3%
  • <25,000

Votes: 56 34.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That maybe true for the earlier reservations that were more speculative. I hazard that any that were placed after the first few months are going to be a lot more certain, excepting for any sort of unexpected financial situation changes.

But you're right time will tell. Either way they'll get plenty more to make up for any cancellations.

Reservations after the first month or two aren't included in the 373k figure though.

Reactions: flamingoezz
This was one of the most disappointing things for me. Funny you should mention this because I spent too much time last night comparing the frunks of S vs 3. The S is much deeper and I know it got smaller with the HEPA filter, but there are pictures of people curled up inside it. That's nothing to sneeze at and is perfect for stuff like groceries.

The 3's frunk is extremely shallow. It's hard to get an idea of scaling, but it's wedge-shaped and it looks like the shallowest depth is maybe 4-5 inches? Possibly 6? That's practically nothing. Sure, it tapers up to maybe 10 inches, but at that point it hardly qualifies as storage space. I might be able to fit a couple bags of groceries in there, but that's it. Very disappointing.

I really wish they hadn't reduced the height of the hood so much. They talk about increasing visibility, but of all the visibility issues I can think of when I drive, being able to see an extra foot of ground in front of me is the least of my worries. Being able to see out over your car and onto the ground is just not a problem that needs fixing. By doing this, Tesla compromised frunk cargo space and also aesthetics because it makes the hood look stubby and anemic. I'm quite positive this increases aerodynamics though, so I'm sure that's the driving reason behind the poor hood design.
This is a non-issue. My "refresh" S frunk is almost a joke and I will probably never use it. I wish it was large enough to hold a spare tire and tools -- even a donut tire -- but it isn't even close to large enough. I'm planning to follow through with my March 31 Model 3 reservation, and the frunk is a total nonfactor.

This is right...I'm willing to bet there are far more reservations than cancellations since late april or so. Elon seems to want to keep things hush hush so he can continue selling S&X models, but I think we're definitely over 400K and wouldn't be surprised if it was closer 500K.

Reservations after the first month or two aren't included in the 373k figure though.

This is right...I'm willing to bet there are far more reservations than cancellations since late april or so. Elon seems to want to keep things hush hush so he can continue selling S&X models, but I think we're definitely over 400K and wouldn't be surprised if it was closer 500K.
Based on most recent filings (Q3), the Model 3 reservations are estimated to be around 600k. You can look up the numbers, but essentially, they list money from deposits, and they list cars in transit/in production. You can extrapolate from the data that they have about $600M in non-S/X deposits, ie 600k deposits. I've been saying for 2 years that they are going to get to (or close to) a million deposits before customer deliveries begin and it appears that they're headed there, which is beyond incredible.