TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How many model X are on the road?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by SamPolz, Sep 4, 2016.

1. SamPolz

SamPolz Member

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anybody know approximately how many MX are on the road and how many are being produced comparing to MS my dad thinks it it a 5-1 ratio but I'm thinks no it's more of a 2.5-1 any idea?

Thanks, Sam

2. vigge50

vigge50 Member

If you count the hole world and until the end of the second quater this year Tesla have deliver 132 349 Model S and 7 233 Model X so 18:1 ratio :)

3. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

Well, estimated 2016 YTD (Jan-Aug) for the US, Model S around 17,365 vs Model X at 9,540.

4. vigge50

vigge50 Member

In USA the ratio until end of July is about 8:1

5. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

On the road right now? I'd say 14:1 ratio of MS:MX "on the road" at this moment.
    I will use the sold number rather than the produced number (which is larger, of course):

Some stats:
    Total MX sold thru Q1 : 2,614
    Total MS sold thru Q1 : 119,576 ratio 45.7:1 after Q1
    Total MX sold thru Q2 : 7,239
    Total MS sold thru Q2 : 129,340 ratio 18.4:1 after Q2

It should come right out at about 141k:15.7k after Q3. that is under 9:1

When the rate of the smaller is growing at the same rate as the larger, the ratio tightens up.

6. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Same as when I tell my dad I'm catching him in age. At one time, he was 35 times older than me. Now he's less than 2 times older than me 83:48.

7. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Spend as much time with him as you can. I lost my mother when I was your age (she was 92) - didn't spend enough time during her last few years. I've done that ratio computation a few times as well. I have kids in their 20s and they don't want to spend any time with parents. Crazy world.

• Love x 1