Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Model X owners here have also placed order for the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At 8:30pm Pacific Standard Time today, Elon said there have been over 115,000 people placed orders so far. So you going to be in maybe 100,000ish? But since you are also a Model X owner, you will be one of the first before non tesla owners to get the car. So i won't worry. I placed my order exactly 2 hours after the store open, so i assume i am in the thousands or 10,000ish, maybe.

Technically, Elon was wrong. Those are not "orders", but rather "reservations". I strongly doubt that all 115,000 (or 150K now) will transition to actual orders.

Anyway, I made this mistake once. After holding a Model-S reservation for 2+ years, I decided to switch to the Model-X when my number came up, since delivery was supposed to start in less than a year. We all know how that turned out... I'm done with the waiting game and from now on, I'll order a Tesla whenever both me and Tesla are ready to buy/sell the car.

Reactions: spleen and MarkoC
Me 3.

Attachments

• mytesla.png
    mytesla.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 88
I reserved yesterday at the DC store on K Street. Showed up in My Tesla showing both Model X and 3. RN for Model 3 is also there . Also never received an email. Maybe emails are for non-Tesla owners?

BTW - I sent out a group text telling friends to come down to the store to pre-order and had 5 friends order them as well...

I have my X on order but I wanted to witness this first hand, so I went to San Diego UTC store to place my M3 reservation with many of my colleagues. The crowd was super stoked and an excited bunch, 1000+ for sure had reserved by the time we left the mall. We started off at 7:45 AM and were approx #400, took us until 1 PM to be done. By the time we were done, the line was still at least 600 strong.

We'll probably get a 3 eventually, but with the X as our main car and our current Prius as a secondary car, we shouldn't need a new car for a while. I figure I'll let people who really need the 3 get it, and then we'll get one around 2020 or so when I hope there won't be a wait.