Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Model3s will you order!

How many 3s are you ordering?

• None

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • One

Votes: 129 67.9%
  • Two

Votes: 36 18.9%
  • Three or more

Votes: 14 7.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only clean way to make this work is to transfer the reservation so the the second bill of sale is in the other person's name, and Tesla doesn't (hasn't) let you do that.

Tesla doesn't make it easy, but that's not completely true. Anyone who is genuinely interested should discuss it with someone at Tesla.

I am ordering one (1) Model 3. I'll be there with a Volt-driving friend who is also getting a spot in line.

As my Soul EV lease is up October 2017 I'll need a beater to bridge the gap, or just use my motorcycle and Uber around for inclement weather and Costco trips. I hope TeslaTime (TM) experiences a favorable daylight savings shift or something, because I'll need the car sooner rather than later.

• Disagree
Reactions: Darryl
I hope TeslaTime (TM) experiences a favorable daylight savings shift or something, because I'll need the car sooner rather than later.

While it's very easy to argue the other side of this, Tesla is technically beating their Model X 90D estimate that they gave me in January. A delivery in April is very impressive in the Tesla language of "mid-2016". Of course, I haven't gotten the vehicle yet...

I am ordering one (1) Model 3. I'll be there with a Volt-driving friend who is also getting a spot in line.

As my Soul EV lease is up October 2017 I'll need a beater to bridge the gap, or just use my motorcycle and Uber around for inclement weather and Costco trips. I hope TeslaTime (TM) experiences a favorable daylight savings shift or something, because I'll need the car sooner rather than later.

While it's very easy to argue the other side of this, Tesla is technically beating their Model X 90D estimate that they gave me in January. A delivery in April is very impressive in the Tesla language of "mid-2016". Of course, I haven't gotten the vehicle yet...

I really hope that Elon is really aware of the "Elon Time" and "Reality Distortion Field" stuff and really hope that it pisses him off to the point where he's like "I'll show them, I'll get this one out ahead of time. Elon time my ass."

That's the internal monologue I imagine for him. I have a very good imagination.

Reactions: mtndrew1
I am almost ashamed to admit: 5.........Three for immediate family, one for a coworker and one for a family friend..the last two as the people can not attend the March 31st galas

I will have the help of Briannam (camping out) with his own reservation, but I will have 4. My mom, my old roommate. My godchild's aunt, and a longtime friend, so with Brianman's that makes 5, and I don't even drive. I am NOT ashamed. I'm a Tesla advocate.

:)

• Love
Reactions: ModelX
@MikeJr74

I know you think I am crazy to go through it again considering all the problems I have gone through with buying a "beta" Model X. One question will be how many Model will they allow per person. If the number is not limited I would buy four as follows:

1. A fully loaded Modelfor my wife. I figure around $85k
  2. A nicely configured one for my wife's niece who will be finishing her medical residency as a pediatric neurologist $65k
  3. A nicely configured one for my wife's nephew who will be completing his masters degree as a mechanical engineer $65k
  4. and finally a spare to be used for our visiting guests $55k

To be fair, Tesla's been on time with a bunch of stuff. When the D models were announced, the cars shipped more or less right on time. The 70s shipped as a bit of a surprise with little fanfare and ramped up in production nearly instantly. The 90s popped up and started shipping promptly.

I think the 3 will be on time, though that may just be wishful thinking on my part. I assume everyone at Tesla has learned from the gut punches of the original S launch and particularly the X launch and will be making smart, cautious decisions on what to promise and what to focus on in regards to 3 development and rollout.

I don't think it's lost on Elon that this may be the most hotly anticipated car (consumer product?) of the last decade or more. They simply can't afford X-like delays or quality goofs with the 3 and I'd bet a dollar that they'll deliver a proper product on time to the delight of their customers.

• Disagree
Reactions: Eclectic
@MikeJr74

I know you think I am crazy to go through it again considering all the problems I have gone through with buying a "beta" Model X. One question will be how many Model will they allow per person. If the number is not limited I would buy four as follows:

2. A nicely configured one for my wife's niece who will be finishing her medical residency as a pediatric neurologist $65k
  3. A nicely configured one for my wife's nephew who will be completing his masters degree as a mechanical engineer $65k

How much money do you have!?:confused:

@MikeJr74

@Darryl that is awfully generous of you. And, nice profile picture!

Sorry all. I've just been on the phone with a Tesla store and asked how many reservations can be placed per person.

The answer is 2, so if you are hoping to order 6, bring 2 friends along!

The orders are also non-transferable, so keep this in mind.