Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Many MPH Will Model 3 Charge From 110V?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just plugged at the office to a 10-15 outlet and I'm reading 4 miles per hour (1KW), 12/12A and 110V.

I will check again tonight from my home. It's a short run from the panel so I shouldn't have too much voltage drop despite being a very old home.

I just plugged at the office to a 10-15 outlet and I'm reading 4 miles per hour (1KW), 12/12A and 110V.

I will check again tonight from my home. It's a short run from the panel so I shouldn't have too much voltage drop despite being a very old home.

12 * 110 = 1.3 kW which is equivalent to 4+ mph

when you get home do the math yourself and divide by your average Wh/mi to calculate how fast you're charging.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
With nothing on in the car, I get 5mph on the 5-15 120v connector. in my garage.

In the spring I plan a road trip across North Dakota. No Superchargers!. So the plan is to use Plugshare to find 240v locations where possible. Mostly, motels have 120v in the parking lot for ICE block heaters, but few have 240v. I plan to check into the Motel then go to a KOA or other RV park to get most of my charge, and walk back to the motel for the evening. When I have enough charge to get to my next destination. I will walk back and get the car. I will then park it at the motel and plug it into 120v for the rest of the night.

I do plan to get a 15-20 and hope to get 7mph with that. 7mph for a 16hr night is well over 100 miles.
I hope you post about your adventure. It will be interesting to see how things work out for you.