Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many MY SR are actually sold, don`t see many people talking about it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are reports of many MY SR seating in parking lots around Freemont area, wonder how many SR Tesla sold by now. Don`t see any reports here or FB from people who actually purchased them.

SR is Tesla response to VW ID4 and Ford Mach, i am curious to see how sales are going

I’ve seen several threads here and YouTube videos on them. They are just starting to get delivered the past week or two. I picked up the first one at our service center last Sunday and I ordered within a hour of them releasing it.

I did a test drive with a LR and I do not notice any difference in speed. Feels like the same car to me with 50-60 less real world miles.

Reactions: fokap888
There are reports of many MY SR seating in parking lots around Freemont area, wonder how many SR Tesla sold by now. Don`t see any reports here or FB from people who actually purchased them.

SR is Tesla response to VW ID4 and Ford Mach, i am curious to see how sales are going

I saw a lot of them on the road being shipped in car transport when driving to work so I am guessing a good amount of them.

I’ve seen several threads here and YouTube videos on them. They are just starting to get delivered the past week or two. I picked up the first one at our service center last Sunday and I ordered within a hour of them releasing it.

I did a test drive with a LR and I do not notice any difference in speed. Feels like the same car to me with 50-60 less real world miles.

Yep, I picked mine up this week, feels and drives just like my wife's LR Y

Reactions: fokap888
Picked up my SR on Friday. It has the exact same interior as the LR I test drove, except it now has the heated steering wheel.

I intentionally listened to the stereo for both the SR and LR - they are exactly the same.

Also - couldn't tell a difference in acceleration. SR is still very quick, at least from 0-40. Maybe the half second is made up from 40-60, but either way, shes quick.

Picked up my SR on Friday. It has the exact same interior as the LR I test drove, except it now has the heated steering wheel.

I intentionally listened to the stereo for both the SR and LR - they are exactly the same.

Also - couldn't tell a difference in acceleration. SR is still very quick, at least from 0-40. Maybe the half second is made up from 40-60, but either way, shes quick.

same here. Picked mine up sunday and there is zero discernible difference between it and the long range I test drove.

@dwooder good to know. It sounds like the LR AWD system is rear-wheel biased, which probably explains the similarity.

Perhaps acceleration is not limited by the battery capacity then (unless it is a wash between the SR's reduced weight and smaller battery capacity compared to LR)?

Wonder if that means Tesla is holding software unlocked power increase for the LR MY.

But you guys are making me feel even more excited about my RWD MY delivery, since I thought the AWD MY test drive was zippy.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Mine got delivered to my house last Friday. Very happy with it. But, i do notice the absence of AWD. AWD in the LR MY grips on curves better. I suspect it is slightly slower to accelerate than LR MY, but it is plenty quick enough. And the fit and finish are good. There was some kind of streak of pinkish glue or something on the hood, but i cleaned that off with car soap. the right rear taillight is not perfectly aligned, but i am happy to leave it as is. The chargeport door does not open when i push the button on the UMC handle or a supercharger handle. but no big deal. i just push on the door to open it. Whenever i take it to a Service Center i will tell them about the chargeport door.

Mine got delivered to my house last Friday. Very happy with it. But, i do notice the absence of AWD. AWD in the LR MY grips on curves better. I suspect it is slightly slower to accelerate than LR MY, but it is plenty quick enough. And the fit and finish are good. There was some kind of streak of pinkish glue or something on the hood, but i cleaned that off with car soap. the right rear taillight is not perfectly aligned, but i am happy to leave it as is. The chargeport door does not open when i push the button on the UMC handle or a supercharger handle. but no big deal. i just push on the door to open it. Whenever i take it to a Service Center i will tell them about the chargeport door.

Have you tried to compare A/C vs Long range?

What is your win? I heard waiting is now 4-6 weeks for SR,