Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of us know we've been matched but don't have a collection date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Title says it all really!!

I know I've been matched - even got a reg - and been told its "On the ship" and likely ready to be collected at the end of the month - but no collection date yet. Seems more and more people are getting collection dates though so wondering how many of us are still waiting?!?

M3 LR Blue/Black
Manchester collection

I've been matched, car arrived in the UK last week (on RCC Asia), don't have a reg but I was told over the phone its "looking like" a week tomorrow for collection. I'm expecting a text tomorrow to confirm collection date and the reg.

I'm collecting from Birmingham and I asked if there was any way I could change where I collected it from, as I thought the SC may be the cause of the long turnaround but apparently not now - I guess it's already there or on the way. I would've preferred to collect from Cribbs or MK tbh, just initially I was told it was being delivered.

Me, ordered MX mid July and had no info, the only info I have is from the online chat who gave me a VIN, I phoned and they confirmed its on for delivery at the end of the month. £100k and I have to plead with them for information...

Thats annoying. I just can't get my head around people who have cars on the same ships as each other - and some have collection dates and others dont.........

Thats annoying. I just can't get my head around people who have cars on the same ships as each other - and some have collection dates and others dont.........
It will most likely depend on how busy your local service centre is and also the physical distribution of getting batches of vehicles from Southampton all around the UK.

Don't count on my order being right... but I was given a collection date the day after I ordered an inventory car thats in transit.

So have collection date (23/9), no reg. I have to look on the booking invoice in docs to see the VIN.

Ordered an (in transit) inventory model 3 on the 28th August, got a pickup text last friday, for the 23rd (though I moved this as they picked the one day I couldn't do that week).

Mind you they've just asked me to confirm the date again via text, it's still the correct pickup time, but I confirmed this over the phone.

VIN ends 776xxx if it's helps anyone approximate their order in the queue (though I doubt it does).

Sounds like a lot of us have 'last week of September' as a stock response......considering that's only 3 working days....that'll be a busy few days!

I'm guessing with the last deliveries due in, they'll be fine tuning the delivery schedule right up to the last second to get the maximum possible deliveries sorted before the end of quarter.

If you guys haven't already, you should ring the delivery line and ask for updates - I've not received a single text or email from Tesla or the lease company giving me information. I've had to ring and ask for everything despite them telling me I'd be receiving texts, including one today which never came until I rang them up again.

If you guys haven't already, you should ring the delivery line and ask for updates - I've not received a single text or email from Tesla or the lease company giving me information. I've had to ring and ask for everything despite them telling me I'd be receiving texts, including one today which never came until I rang them up again.
Worth checking your mobile number in your account starts with +44 I had mine as 0 (obviously), but this was corrected when I phoned up asking for an update. Not had an issue receiving texts since.

Why a software-heavy company can't figure that out automatically I don't know!

Worth checking your mobile number in your account starts with +44 I had mine as 0 (obviously), but this was corrected when I phoned up asking for an update. Not had an issue receiving texts since.

Why a software-heavy company can't figure that out automatically I don't know!

Wow didn't think that would/should cause an issue! Thanks for the tip though

I also thought I'd message Tesla....just in case having a 0 and not +44 meant I'd missed communications. Turns out I'm already booked for a collection on the 24th - but I had no idea! (My leasing company hadn't told me either!) So sometimes it pays to ask :)

Reactions: n47h4n