Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you are electric cars only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S and a Kia Soul EV. My wife loves that little one so much she is unsure she even wants to consider a 3. She likes the X (being higher up) but finds it too large. Maybe a Y?

Had to borrow our Son's truck the other day and bought him gas as a thank you. Ugh! That stuff is noxious! What have I been doing to my liver all these years!

I imagine we'll sell the ICE when we get an AWD model 3 for my wife. It's possible we'll wait for the model Y, but more likely we'll take the 3 to hold us over. Then MAYBE trade in the S towards the Y.

Currently our S and a 2011 Subaru Forester than I can't wait to put out to pasture.

S85D May 2015 traded to an S100D April 2017 traded our BMW AH7 & Lincoln Navigator in December 22 ‘17 and now ICE free

Now just wait in my signature black HPWC referral gift so I don’t have to keep swapping my single HPWC plug during my 11:00pm 7:00 am TOU plan

We're not, and probably will not be ICE free at any time in the near future. This is all a matter of lifestyle and employment situation for everyone, and it just doesn't make sense for us.

Now, the two ICEs we have are both old (2001 and 2005, one in Washington State and one in Texas) SUVs. We live in rural areas with no trash pick-up and have to take the trash to the dump. That's not going in the MS. One of the SUVs is 4WD and we need that sometimes for remote camping trips and my wife's nature photography hobby. It is also used to pull a small trailer for building materials.

Then, even though we are both retired and go places together 98% of the time, there is always that other 2% where we go different directions. That 2% just doesn't justify buying another Tesla, and we are too far from destinations to have a shorter range EV as a second vehicle (60 miles to the nearest grocery store).

We don't use the ICEs often, but they are needed and it is just not practical to replace them.

I pumped my last tank of gas in 2009, just before my Roadster arrived. We have been all-electric since.

We had the Roadster and a RAV-4 EV until 2012, when the Model S arrived. We have been all-Tesla since.

We have never had any yard tools or toys that take gas. Our house has an electrically-driven heat pump, so since we moved in 2014, we are all-electric everything. 16kW of solar.

• Love
Reactions: Xenius and Big Earl
We're not, and probably will not be ICE free at any time in the near future. This is all a matter of lifestyle and employment situation for everyone, and it just doesn't make sense for us.

with no trash pick-up and have to take the trash to the dump. That's not going in the MS. One of the SUVs is 4WD and we need that sometimes for remote camping trips and my wife's nature photography hobby. It is also used to pull a small trailer for building materials.

I haul a trailer with my S. We go to the dump. It is also a 4WD car with air which will raise a little, as you know, but of course not as much as your SUV. Since I don't "need" to camp in remote areas, you're right, it's partly lifestyle choice. But I have found it interesting that I can solve all my needs with battery power, including weed eaters, blowers, power washers, etc. It's a lifestyle choice to see how well electrics fill the niches.

I have felt that supporting gas was an inconvenience in too many ways.

I am not an electric car, although I do become charged up sometimes. My only US car is a Tesla, my other car is not, but it is in Brazil where there are no pure electric cars sold at the moment other than the BYD E6. I do have a Model 3 reserved for use there. FWIW, I do use renewable power in both countries.

Reactions: croman and BerTX
I haul a trailer with my S. We go to the dump. It is also a 4WD car with air which will raise a little, as you know, but of course not as much as your SUV. Since I don't "need" to camp in remote areas, you're right, it's partly lifestyle choice. But I have found it interesting that I can solve all my needs with battery power, including weed eaters, blowers, power washers, etc. It's a lifestyle choice to see how well electrics fill the niches.

I have felt that supporting gas was an inconvenience in too many ways.
Pulling a trailer with a MS when it is not approved for towing is another lifestyle choice, in a way. I like the lifestyle I have due to the money that I have. If I had an accident while towing with an unapproved vehicle, and someone were hurt or their expensive vehicle were damaged, I would likely lose much or all of what I have. Lawyers would see to that.

Sorry about that soapbox.

Dual motor Teslas are NOT 4wd, they are AWD, made to increase traction on the highway, not to drive over rutted paths or through mud a foot deep. No comparison.

But then I'm just being defensive because I agree with you and it is frustrating to me to not be able to comply with my wishes to get away from ICE altogether. Yes, those two vehicles that get driven a few hundred miles a year are the only ICEs that we have -- no lawn mowers or generators, etc, and we produce more solar power than we use in a year.

But we're also not wealthy, and I have to remain practical.