Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you are electric cars only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a Model X and have ordered our Model 3 (should be here in March). In addition, we have a 7KW solar system that provides enough electricity that we currently run a surplus (including the daily charging of our X) with net-metering. Once the 3 arrives, we will get rid of our VW Tiguan and become completely electric.

11kW Solar, all-electric house, all-electric yard tools, daily drivers are two Mitsubishi i-MiEVs, with the MS85 reserved for only long trips (50K miles in two years). The i-MiEV with trailer hitch does just fine pulling small boats and the utility trailer which suffices for lumber-yard runs, s.t. my small EV conversion pickup truck is now mothballed. No more trips to dirty, filthy, smelly, wallet-emptying gasoline stations dispensing that carcinogenic poison-gas-spewing greenhouse-gas-emitting fossil fuel!

I've only ever owned one vehicle at a time -- so yes, 100% EV here. I've enjoyed some of the give-and-take in this thread, esp. re. four-wheel drive vs. all-wheel drive. It's still early days for EVs, but I'm guessing that in another 20y we'll all be there (EV).

Have you (or @BerTX) looked into the Bollinger truck? Just wondering if that is a real option.
As for me, I don't need a second vehicle very often. Just not worth the cost. The Bollinger to replace the Tesla? No. Not gonna happen.

I could get a Model X 100D to replace the MS75D and tow a utility trailer, which would take care of my needs for utility hauling. But not 2nd car or offroad use cases -- I'd still need the ICEs. I just can't justify spending another $60K for that little bit of functionality that I can do with the ICE functionality I already have. I'll have to continue buying the 3-4 tanks of gas per year I currently do. I pay a LOT more for the liability insurance for those things than I do for fuel.

Our family has been ICE free coming up on 5 years. Including lawn mower and snow blower ;)
Have loved every moment!

Thanks for all the replies, for those who have electric snow blowers, what brand did you purchase and how do you like it?
I will have one of those by next winter for sure.

I too have electric mower and trimmer. All my parts for my 7.5kw solar system are in the garage waiting for spring and the snow to melt.