Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you are waiting for the Performance Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I certainly am.

I haven't reserved yet, but that's mostly because I have no idea when the performance version will be available.

Plus it has to have a heated steering wheel. I figure if it's a performance version then it should have a good suspension setup. If it has a good suspension setup then I want to steer. If I'm steering then warm my damn hands. :)

So does it seem like any P model of the 3 would not even be queued?

As in Tesla is making 20,000 Model 3s per month, can blow through the reservation backlog before it attempts to release it?

Seems like 2019 as the earliest date for introduction?

I've been planning on the performance model since day one. My budget is $75k and I'm reasonably hopeful that will be in the general ballpark price-wise. Expecting delivery in Q3/Q4 2018 based on regular AWD models starting production in May.

Only thing I really hope for is more specs/info in the configurator when it opens to the public. Deliberately passing up the tax credit while holding out for P AWD would be a lot harder without any details.

Originally was looking to get AWD, big battery and possibly performance model. Now reviewing the ramp plan shared to date and tax incentive implications. The new plan is to get the rear wheel drive, standard battery out of the gate. In 5 or 6 years give that car to the kids then get a new AWD P Model 3 rocket ship. By that time we should have a pretty well sorted out, feature rich model 3 with top flight components and reliability. I bet it has a HUD option by then. :>

I was originally going to hold out for the performance Model 3 but when they improved the performance of the S 75D, I had to jump on it (I'll be getting delivery hopefully by mid-September or sooner). Not that I knew it when I placed my order 3 weeks ago, but the price is now over $10,000 less after the options bundling and Canadian price drop, so it's even more attractive and affordable now. Also, Ontario currently has a very generous EV credit of $14,000 (about $11,000 USD) plus 50% off a wall charger and installation, so I wanted to make sure I get in on that while it's still available. I'm sure the performance 3s are going to be super fun to drive, but by the time that's available, I will have had at least 2 years of enjoyment out of my Model S and you can't put a price tag on that. ;)