Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you had Door handle issues on your Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015, 82k miles.
2 out of warranty repairs. Total cost $30.
So that would be zero for the first 4 years of ownership and 50k miles.
I believe I have 2.0s. Certainly not bullet proof but not horrible either.
3.0s are only about $280 to replace. The parts for 2.0s have gotten more expensive - I think to encourage moving to 3.0s.

In two years, I rebuilt one due to noise on my 2013 S, but not a failure. The tiny spring was misaligned on the shaft. All of mine see heavy use as a family hauler. My car is garaged 90% of the time at home and work. I wonder if those with multiple failures have cars that spend more time exposed to the elements.

In two years, I rebuilt one due to noise on my 2013 S, but not a failure. The tiny spring was misaligned on the shaft. All of mine see heavy use as a family hauler. My car is garaged 90% of the time at home and work. I wonder if those with multiple failures have cars that spend more time exposed to the elements.

Not me at least - always parked in heated garage.

I have 2020 LR, barely 2000 miles on it. Driver side acts up, have not had it looked at yet since it's intermittent and I always prefer for car repairs that you have something tangible to show. But sometimes, the door handle either does not retract so I'll be driving and hear the gears running. Reaching through the window and just a gentle lift results in it thumping back into retracted position. More rarely, it will just thump back into retracted position on its own with a large clunk.

Oddly, while this seems to happen randomly, it happens almost like clockwork when I park at a certain location. I can't imagine why that would be.

But in conclusion NO this is absolutely not fixed and it still an issue with my car which was built less than a year ago.