Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you still carry keys?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious how many of you still carry standard keys with you. Obviously if you live in an apartment or somewhere that you don't access your house through a garage, you'll still be carrying keys.

In my personal case, I'm awaiting arrival of my SR+ and my front door is smart home + geofenced so it unlocks when I pull into my driveway. I'm pondering making my "Wallet, Keys, Phone" check to just "Wallet, phone" and ditching keys in general.

What do you guys think?
Ditched my housekey long ago, since I have two doors with Schlage keypad entry locks. Gotta have two, if one fails. Then I got rid of the wallet, with a wallet phone case, by Vena. Holds 4 cards, Tesla keycard, driver's license, health insurance card, and one credit card, but I try to only use ApplePay, when I'm out and about, so I rarely take out the credit card. So, it's just me and my phone now. No keys or wallet to lose. And my watch is my backup to unlock and start the car. The nice thing about the Vena is that the magnetic closure is strong enough that it attaches to the Xvida Qi charger that is attached to the back of the Tesla's central display, so my iPhone charges while I can see Stats or Automate as I drive.

Screenshot 2020-02-20 21.22.46.jpg
Screenshot 2020-02-20 21.23.43.jpg
Screenshot 2020-02-20 21.24.49.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JayAreOhhh
I'm not going to connect my house lock to the 'net, so I generally carry a house key even though I virtually always come in thtrough the garge.
The "key" I use the most is a key-like gadget with a serrated edge that makes it easy to rip open my Amazon packages:)

Reactions: house9
where does your drivers license and Tesla car key go?
I have a silicon holder that I stuck to the back of my iPhone, sort of like these things. All I keep in it are a credit card, license, and tesla key (as a backup should my phone ever fail to unlock my car). Everything else I keep locked in the glovebox in my wallet -- but I never really need to ever use it.

So I only walk around with my phone and that's it.