Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Many P85D Owners Have Completed The Ludicrous Retrofit.

When it comes to the Ludicrous Retrofit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty bad result. Since the 1/8 is right around the 100mph mark, and most are seeing more like .5-.6 better to 90mph, I'd think the 1/8 times should improve better than that?

Hopefully he will chime in, but in following his posts after his retrofit to Ludicrous, and since the one quoted above, he now currently holds the 1/8th mile ET record for this platform.

Performance of P85D with Ludicrous upgrade review

7.082 @ 96.52 now and it looks like he listed a prior best 1/8 mile result with Insane here was 7.311 @92.63.

Performance of P85D with Ludicrous upgrade review

That kind of improvement in the 1/8, from 7.3 to 7 flat, from 92mph to 96mph, for just $5K and with no adverse affects on existing warranty, is very impressive.

Last edited:
I was hand washing mine last week and my underline came off. Does anyone know what they use to adhere these to the paint?
Might not necessarily be a bad thing.

Looking at this from a glass half full approach, well now you have a "sleeper".

Some unsuspecting sap in a Corvettr or Hellcat thinking your car is Insane as opposed to Ludicrous is now liable to discover the hard way that your car is Ludicrous.

I might take the P, the D and the underline off mine.

On second thought, nope.

On a serious note and all kidding aside, good luck getting it lined up and back on.

A good double sided tape should work.

Last edited:
Yes my best time was now reduced by .25 sec but .04 improvement could be attributed to my now using slip start so the .2 sec is still close to what to expect from Ludicrous.

@3mp I have not seen any reports of .5 to.6 sec improvements being reported or substantiated by real drag times. Could you elaborate?

Yes my best time was now reduced by .25 sec but .04 improvement could be attributed to my now using slip start so the .2 sec is still close to what to expect from Ludicrous.

@3mp I have not seen any reports of .5 to.6 sec improvements being reported or substantiated by real drag times. Could you elaborate?

I was confused by that as well, and I went back and read his original quote.

Pretty bad result. Since the 1/8 is right around the 100mph mark, and most are seeing more like .5-.6 better to 90mph, I'd think the 1/8 times should improve better than that?

It seems that he is saying that most are seeing .5-.6. improvement to 90mph.

I don't know how much improvement I've gotten to 90mph, as I skip 90 now, it comes up so fast, and go straight to 100mph plus

P85DEE reminded me I needed to update my status to DONE. Mine was completed at West Palm Beach on April 21, since which time I have driven the car almost 3,000 miles. Glorious!

Day after Ludi upgrade:(

Attachments

• 2016-05-06 22.49.18.jpg
    2016-05-06 22.49.18.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 98
I brought in my car to Buena Park on May 4th and received it back today. When the pre-orders of the upgrades came out, BP was a pretty new service center, so I thought for sure I'd be bumped to Costa Mesa (where I think the majority of the L retrofits in SoCal are being done). I think I must have been the only one at Buena Park awaiting the upgrade because I'd call them and ask about it, and they'd know who I was. ;)