Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people are taking delivery of their Model X in March?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery 90D this afternoon at Rocklin. There was another delivered before me and one more waiting to be delivered. Used the Model X Checklist and couldn't find anything at the moment. Going to get XPEL done tomorrow and so hopefully, the detailer may find things that I didn't see.

Vin28xx..entered into active prod 3/22 (per DS..seriously doubt it though!), delivered to Rocklin SC on 3/29 - they said they could deliver on 3/30 but I chose to take delivery on 3/31.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikevbf
Thanks @SMSMD and @ohmman

The falcon is in my hands!! A quick summary.

- Factory tour was excellent. It is an impressive factory and operations. It's so wonderful to see the future being born in the graveyard the history.
- The delivery process was a meh.. It was a fish market there. My DS did not even come and say hi. The guy who debriefed us was a student working part time (he did fine). The paperwork took forever.
- The car itself. So far so good. I did not comb through every bit of it but there are a few blemishes(window pane seals are straight and smooth etc.) Since it was already 7:15p, I was a bit tried and hungry and just wanted to get home:)
- No mention of the sunshade.
- It was delivered with the auto present doors switched off.
- Unable to connect to the Tesla App as the car still shows as "Ordered" in my account.

Will have more details and pictures after the weekend trip.

Reactions: mikevbf and ohmman
Took delivery of our 90D yesterday morning. Found a few minor things that needed to be put on due bill like scratch on the side of falcon doors and scratch on plastic part inside on the side. Very minor and we went with fine comb. Overall awesome car and good quality. No problems with anything else. Doors open/close and even time out the car while front doors were open. No problems. Very happy owners. There were about 15 model X and about 5 model S deliveries while we were total in Costa Mesa for about 2 hours yesterday morning.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    279.4 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    617.4 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    794 KB · Views: 165
Thanks @SMSMD and @ohmman

The falcon is in my hands!! A quick summary.

- Factory tour was excellent. It is an impressive factory and operations. It's so wonderful to see the future being born in the graveyard the history.
- The delivery process was a meh.. It was a fish market there. My DS did not even come and say hi. The guy who debriefed us was a student working part time (he did fine). The paperwork took forever.
- The car itself. So far so good. I did not comb through every bit of it but there are a few blemishes(window pane seals are straight and smooth etc.) Since it was already 7:15p, I was a bit tried and hungry and just wanted to get home:)
- No mention of the sunshade.
- It was delivered with the auto present doors switched off.
- Unable to connect to the Tesla App as the car still shows as "Ordered" in my account.

Will have more details and pictures after the weekend trip.

I can't believe I have my X! It is an incredible vehicle.

I was there on Thursday the 31st for my 4pm delivery, though I arrived at 3. Took the 3pm tour with my daughters. Then again with my son at 4 (don't ask!). I really enjoyed the tour ... first time I've been in a heavy manufacturing factory since working for GM/EMD (locomotives) a couple of decades ago . The difference in technology since then is incredible.

Similar experience to @sukhi RE: paperwork and walk through, but everyone was super helpful. I really like the passion of the staff - they seem to love working for Tesla,, and I found it interesting that all the employees I asked said that they had already ordered a 3. Oh, and I was able to place an order for a 3 too. Now, I just have to wait until mid-next week for it to get back from the detailer.

Attachments

• 2016-03-31 17.20.37-3.jpg
    2016-03-31 17.20.37-3.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: sukhi
To all those who picked up your cars recently, do you get double vision at night through the windshield with headlights? I drove it tonight and I have it. It is irrelevant to the position of the seat. Soemone else reported it in Jan, but I saw no follow up. Also have noise issues that I have already made an appointment to resolve.

To all those who picked up your cars recently, do you get double vision at night through the windshield with headlights? I drove it tonight and I have it. It is irrelevant to the position of the seat. Soemone else reported it in Jan, but I saw no follow up. Also have noise issues that I have already made an appointment to resolve.

No issues with double vision but yes the cabin is noisy. My reference point is our 2015 BMW X5 and compared it, we are getting a lot more road noise and wind noise. The drive itself has great. Wonderful stiff and responsive handling, just the way I like it.

I stopped by the Palo Alto SC yesterday afternoon and took one of their techs for a test drive so that he could verify the noise. After we came back, they made an appointment to fix the noise issues. I have noticed other minor issues as well so I hope to have them all sorted out during that visit. Despite these minor issues ( 4 so far), it is an amazing car.