Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people have 2 MY orders still pending?

UT4EVER

Jun 22, 2020
Georgia
My original order was 05/04/20 and has changed a couple of times since. It is now sitting as a performance “stealth” version with 20” inductions. However, I am worried this will not be produced for some time, if at all. SO, I just placed a second order for same configuration except LR vs performance..... The price is $8500 less. Honestly, I will take either at this point. I’d love the performance but I like the savings on the LR also. Maybe they will offer a “boost” in the future.

BMax_V.2

Apr 14, 2020
Bay Area
My original order was 05/04/20 and has changed a couple of times since. It is now sitting as a performance “stealth” version with 20” inductions. However, I am worried this will not be produced for some time, if at all. SO, I just placed a second order for same configuration except LR vs performance..... The price is $8500 less. Honestly, I will take either at this point. I’d love the performance but I like the savings on the LR also. Maybe they will offer a “boost” in the future.
So your waiting time has extended due to a series of modifications made to your order and now you placed another order in a different configuration but you will only settle for one of the two, which ever comes first because you can't wait for what you originally wanted?

I'm trying to understand this logic...

UT4EVER

Jun 22, 2020
Georgia
So your waiting time has extended due to a series of modifications made to your order and now you placed another order in a different configuration but you will only settle for one of the two, which ever comes first because you can't wait for what you originally wanted?

Well, I’m not 100% confident they will produce the version that is now obsolete.

FrankTUTB

Jun 27, 2020
Mississippi, USA
06/25. No VIN. Tesla has all the required documentation, so I guess I'll just be here waiting until... who knows how long. :)

Oh, and it's Blue/White Performance with PUP and FSD... and a tow hitch... and a secret $100 bill in the glovebox.

That last option would be sweet.

iamnid

Dec 4, 2019
Riverside, CA
Waiting for a VIN is a fool's errand. When I got our model 3, it was ordered 10/15 and we took delivery 12/26. Want to know when we got our VIN? About 2 hours before we picked it up when we had already been called to schedule the time for pickup the day before. Some people get a VIN in advance but not always.

FredMertz

Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Westchester, NY

There are two cars he would be happy to accept and he wants whichever one comes first. What's hard to understand?

I was explicitly warned by a Tesla employee not to wait for a Stealth Performance as their production had been deprioritized in Fremont.

brinox

Apr 30, 2020
Lenexa
I was explicitly warned by a Tesla employee not to wait for a Stealth Performance as their production had been deprioritized in Fremont.

Did they happen to say what was prioritized in front of these stealth performance builds? I've been steadily considering upgrading to a full PUP just to get my car sooner, and I'll be replacing the wheels anyway. Right now its ~$1000 cheaper overall to do that and that 1k just might subsidize my wheel purchase sooner...

FredMertz

Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Westchester, NY
Did they happen to say what was prioritized in front of these stealth performance builds? I've been steadily considering upgrading to a full PUP just to get my car sooner, and I'll be replacing the wheels anyway. Right now its ~$1000 cheaper overall to do that and that 1k just might subsidize my wheel purchase sooner...
She did not. Was actually said in the context of, "just get the LR and buy the speed upgrade if/when it comes out or you may have a wait."

Reactions: brinox

brinox

Apr 30, 2020
Lenexa
She did not. Was actually said in the context of, "just get the LR and buy the speed upgrade if/when it comes out or you may have a wait."

I went one step further, called my DA and said she had no further knowledge on the stealth performance builds yet to be made, contrary to this and other threads that have said the stealth performance builds will be significantly delayed, or potentially not made at all. After that I asked if she could look around see if there are any available red performance builds not tagged nearby.

Turns out they have a demo unit that's in immaculate condition. I went and looked/drove it this afternoon. Built in May, has one very minor fitment issue with the front driver's side door being slightly higher than the quarter panel, and some panel flashing right above the rear passenger's taillight that needs to be cleaned up. ~$500 discount for the ~300 miles on this demo unit - $1500 altogether compared to my stealth performance reservation with the Induction wheels. I was going to flip the Inductions anyway, so I think this is going to be time and money well spent in lieu of my original config...

BMax_V.2

Apr 14, 2020
Bay Area
There are two cars he would be happy to accept and he wants whichever one comes first. What's hard to understand?

Ah, picking out the right car is like me in the morning staring at the tie rack for days. Hmm... what color???

OP placed a second order on a completely different configuration and hope by the power of God the decision between the two will be made for him/her. The ball is in your court!

As I suggested, you WANT the "stealth" performance so don't settle for less. This whole gibberish talk of it being deprioritzed and not honoring ones order is exactly that, pure gossips..

Jul 20, 2012
Houston, TX
I’d recommend taking a chill pill and mellow out. There is no rhyme or reason as to how Tesla assigns VIN’s. There are still people who ordered in 2019 without VIN assignment.

I ordered early Feb and just got my VIN 07/16. So over 160 days waiting. Yet I saw tons of people order in May and get their cars. It sucks to watch people who ordered after you, get their cars. But that’s Tesla’s customer service. Tesla is a void when it comes to communication. There is really nothing you can do but wait patiently or go buy a car drone someone else. Hopefully they will get more on point once Ford and Nissan start selling their SUV EV’s.

Reactions: BMax_V.2

FredMertz

Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Westchester, NY
Ah, picking out the right car is like me in the morning staring at the tie rack for days. Hmm... what color???

OP placed a second order on a completely different configuration and hope by the power of God the decision between the two will be made for him/her. The ball is in your court!

As I suggested, you WANT the "stealth" performance so don't settle for less. This whole gibberish talk of it being deprioritzed and not honoring ones order is exactly that, pure gossips..
I guess everyone doesn't have the exact same thought process as you do? Is that possible? Maybe even likely?

Ruffles

Jun 13, 2017
Snohomish WA
I'm not sure I understand the logic of multiple orders. If you place multiple orders, are you just planning on loosing the deposit on the ones you end up cancelling? It would seem like you could just make one order and then keep checking in with Tesla to see what builds are currently available and if they find something you like, pick that instead.

Reactions: BMax_V.2

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC