Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Many People Have Free Supercharging That Should Not

What's your Supercharging Status?

• Free Lifetime

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Free For Now - Time/Credits Not Yet Expired

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Free Expired - But It's Still Free

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Free With A Trick

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I Pay For My Supercharging

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen stories here and there about people's free supercharging not expiring when it should and am curious how widespread it is.

For example, I know a guy ;) who had a year of free supercharging. This year ended several months ago and said guy still has free supercharging. I also have a buddy who got his Model 3 a few weeks before said guy, and his only lasted slightly past his free year, but not by much before it expired.

So do we think there is only a small percentage of people who are receiving free supercharging and should not, or is it the majority of people? I've heard of tricks to get additional free supercharging, but no tricks have been used here and I'm mostly curious about plain old regular owners.

• Disagree
Reactions: ALSET YXES
I picked free expired but it's still free, as the closest to my situation. I have always had pay per use supercharging on my 3, that is what shows in my account. I was charged for supercharging initially, but I no longer appear to be charged anymore.

Some of my account error may be related to the California wildfires a few years ago when Tesla turned supercharging for free for folks near the areas. I thought they finally fixed that, but then I stopped getting charged again.

I only use like $40 of supercharging a year, so am probably at the bottom of the pile to have my account fixed in an audit I would guess. I treat it like interest earned on the $3k I paid for undelivered FSD features over 2 years ago.

Reactions: cucubits
I've seen stories here and there about people's free supercharging not expiring when it should and am curious how widespread it is.

For example, I know a guy ;) who had a year of free supercharging. This year ended several months ago and said guy still has free supercharging. I also have a buddy who got his Model 3 a few weeks before said guy, and his only lasted slightly past his free year, but not by much before it expired.

So do we think there is only a small percentage of people who are receiving free supercharging and should not, or is it the majority of people? I've heard of tricks to get additional free supercharging, but no tricks have been used here and I'm mostly curious about plain old regular owners.

Incompetence at Tesla. I second “why do you care?” unless you’re a Tesla employee trolling the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KerryOH
I have no interest in tricks to scam tesla out of free supercharging. I'm legitimately curious as it seems Tesla has a lot of issues around tracking this, and I wonder if they don't yet care enough to fix it. It seems like it would be a relatively simple fix. But then again maybe it's rare and not worth fixing. I think it's a good thing for the longevity of the company for them to be charging for supercharging.

I have no interest in tricks to scam tesla out of free supercharging. I'm legitimately curious as it seems Tesla has a lot of issues around tracking this, and I wonder if they don't yet care enough to fix it. It seems like it would be a relatively simple fix. But then again maybe it's rare and not worth fixing. I think it's a good thing for the longevity of the company for them to be charging for supercharging.

Tesla is revolving door of employees so things get dropped, not updated or fall through the cracks. This is where my statement of incompetence on their part comes in to play.

All about the mission and EM’s passion for our future but middle management on Tesla’s Supercharger Team is a real cancer and needs to be addressed.

When Elon turns his attention to that the Supercharger Team their middle management heads will roll.

Enjoy the free supercharging while it is available on your or your friends vehicles while it last and whatever you do don’t tell Tesla about it.

Like posting it on a public forum... as they have at least one Supercharger employee dedicated to watching the forms.

Charge On!