Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people have gotten the Rain Sensing wipers update? I haven't

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
I got the update much later than most (1/4), even though I was on a strong wifi network. Sometimes I get updates quickly, other times I wonder if my X was forgotten. :)

Bet you'll get it in the next couple of days.

• Informative
Reactions: JHWJR and scottf200

Xtek

Sep 13, 2017
Seattle, WA
I got 50.2 pretty late, now 50.3 is late as well. Still nothing, though I have noticed my X has done a few 30-40MB downloads over the last few days so mabye it's prepping it in bits.

ccdisce

EBISU like
Sep 10, 2014
Georgia USA
Hah. I got 50.2 on 1/4. You win.

Yes I was very surprised to the point of suspicious when the App beeped at 3am to say that an update from 50.2 which I received 12/23 was available.
My thought was that the new update 50.3 was to fix camper mode or smart pre-conditioning.
I am still not sure how it is supposed to work when I turn smart preconditioning on and it says 'learning...' my bad habits?

RRM998

Supporting Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pasadena, TX
My Nav system broke immediately after getting 50.3 last week. The tech I worked with believed that the update was the cause. If that turned out to the true, then I imagine they've stopped the deployment.

I've not heard back from tech support yet after he said the issue would need to be escalated.

NewTMSMan

Aug 21, 2017
USA
Got 50.3 on both of mine on 12/31, but think it might have been pushed from SC as my Driver Profiles ceased to move the drivers seat after 50.2 on my X. 50.3 did not fix this on my X, and it is at SC now and it seems re-calibrating the seats fixed the issue.

Xtek

Sep 13, 2017
Seattle, WA
Mine came through last night. Not sure why we cannot start the update from the app but Tesla needs to get on that.

This may be intentional. Say someone takes our car (kid, spouse, etc) and they park it for a moment. An update has some risk to it. It could take up to an hour to complete and could potentially brick the car, leaving someone stranded.

EDIT: Still no update for me. :(

d21mike

Aug 28, 2017
Torrance, CA 90503
This may be intentional. Say someone takes our car (kid, spouse, etc) and they park it for a moment. An update has some risk to it. It could take up to an hour to complete and could potentially brick the car, leaving someone stranded.

EDIT: Still no update for me. :(
Assuming you do not know that you wife or kids took the car you can also check the Car Location before you use the App to say update now! The idea is that if you know your car is in the garage would be nice to not have to go out to the car to initiate the update.

Xtek

Sep 13, 2017
Seattle, WA
Assuming you do not know that you wife or kids took the car you can also check the Car Location before you use the App to say update now! The idea is that if you know your car is in the garage would be nice to not have to go out to the car to initiate the update.

How lazy Tesla has made us.

H55g7Je.gif

Tslacg

Apr 5, 2016
Oklahoma city
Happened to be at an SC 10 days ago and got the update and another push for rain wipers a few days after.

Not sure if it's due to ap2, but rain sensing is 10x better than on my ap1 s

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

Jul 15, 2016
Pacific Northwest
My car is showing the update available symbol, so I came on here to see what it was and if it's safe to install. This thread has me really excited and a bit scared. 10x better \O/. Can't wait. 60% chance of rain for my morning commute. I should be ok without nav for a couple weeks anyway.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC