Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people have gotten the Rain Sensing wipers update? I haven't

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hah. I got 50.2 on 1/4. You win.

Yes I was very surprised to the point of suspicious when the App beeped at 3am to say that an update from 50.2 which I received 12/23 was available.
My thought was that the new update 50.3 was to fix camper mode or smart pre-conditioning.
I am still not sure how it is supposed to work when I turn smart preconditioning on and it says 'learning...' my bad habits?

My Nav system broke immediately after getting 50.3 last week. The tech I worked with believed that the update was the cause. If that turned out to the true, then I imagine they've stopped the deployment.

I've not heard back from tech support yet after he said the issue would need to be escalated.

Got 50.3 on both of mine on 12/31, but think it might have been pushed from SC as my Driver Profiles ceased to move the drivers seat after 50.2 on my X. 50.3 did not fix this on my X, and it is at SC now and it seems re-calibrating the seats fixed the issue.

Mine came through last night. Not sure why we cannot start the update from the app but Tesla needs to get on that.

This may be intentional. Say someone takes our car (kid, spouse, etc) and they park it for a moment. An update has some risk to it. It could take up to an hour to complete and could potentially brick the car, leaving someone stranded.

EDIT: Still no update for me. :(

This may be intentional. Say someone takes our car (kid, spouse, etc) and they park it for a moment. An update has some risk to it. It could take up to an hour to complete and could potentially brick the car, leaving someone stranded.

EDIT: Still no update for me. :(
Assuming you do not know that you wife or kids took the car you can also check the Car Location before you use the App to say update now! The idea is that if you know your car is in the garage would be nice to not have to go out to the car to initiate the update.

Assuming you do not know that you wife or kids took the car you can also check the Car Location before you use the App to say update now! The idea is that if you know your car is in the garage would be nice to not have to go out to the car to initiate the update.

How lazy Tesla has made us.

H55g7Je.gif