Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people have gotten the Rain Sensing wipers update? I haven't

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the update notification, updated succeeded on wifi.

See attached screenshot for download size.

Attachments

• IMG_0537.PNG
    IMG_0537.PNG
    222.4 KB · Views: 58
Got the update with the wipers and I live in Portland, OR (rains here 9 months out of the year).... they work, sorta. I can't really tell a difference in either setting, and the threshold to wipe is highly highly variable, i.e. very inconsistent. Almost does not work at all at night on a dark street (without street lamps), which I chalk up to the cameras cannot get good enough contrast/images to enable the vision processing to conclude a wipe is needed.

Reactions: Xtek
Got the update with the wipers and I live in Portland, OR (rains here 9 months out of the year).... they work, sorta. I can't really tell a difference in either setting, and the threshold to wipe is highly highly variable, i.e. very inconsistent. Almost does not work at all at night on a dark street (without street lamps), which I chalk up to the cameras cannot get good enough contrast/images to enable the vision processing to conclude a wipe is needed.

I agree. I would describe them as... erratic.

Received update about a week ago. It may be my imagination but they seem to have improved since initial install. At first I also thought they were a bit erratic and faster than they needed to be but they seem to functioning close to if not equal to my BMW now.