Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Many People Still Haven’t Received V9 Update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am surprised as of today, I still haven’t received the new V9 update. I usually receive updates on the earlier side of releases. Just wondering if there are a lot of others who still haven’t received the update yet?

I had read something a few days ago (owner comment) saying that Tesla May be holding more updates over the number of issues they have had with V9? I don’t know if they were meaning owners that aren’t happy with the new update or some issues needing to be fixed before rerolling things out?

Without receiving it yet, I can already tell I will not be happy with the Nav map being up in the background all the time. I also heard you can’t have the rear camera on all the time while driving? Is this true? I hope that’s not true. It has been one of my favorite things to use. I’ve had so many non Tesla passengers that have said how much they wish they had that option in their cars.

Thanks.

...rear camera on all the time while driving...

It's not a new user interface for Model 3. Due to its smaller screen, the map is always on the background so there's no shock for Model 3.

However, for Model S and X, they will now have to conform to Model 3 smaller screen protocol in V9 so it might be a shock!

That said, as a consolation prize, like in Model 3, V9 still does allow rearview camera on while driving but it does not allow another app to replace the background map (not possible to have rearview camera and browser at the same time in V9.)

As in Tesla time, it'll be your turn soon.

Thanks Tam,

Surprise, Surprise........As of the time I wrote my original post I received notice of the update hitting my model X. So, I guess I will get to finally see what all the chatter is about. I am hoping that with enough complaints we get the ability to split screen back as we had before on earlier versions. That is one of the best things about being a Tesla owner. With each major update it is almost like getting a different car. I just hope that new car in the future doesn’t have a Nav map always on in the background.

ProfTournesol, maybe it is a good thing that they are using us here in the states as guinea pigs. This way, when you get it all the complaints and corrections will already have worked its way through the update.

Good Luck.

Just to get some idea, according to Teslafi.com that monitors 3,126 Tesla cars, there are about 1,660 or 53% got V9 as of 10/16/2018 at 23:13.

So, you are right on track. Hang on!
Went to reboot my X and there it was. Saw the car immediately started downloading something big from my WiFi controller. It’s been a while but I remember same thing happened on another software update I was waiting for.

I suggest rebooting the car might help.

I have not received V9, but I am based in UK and currently on 3,000 mile European road trip. I would have liked having the Dashcam for my road trip (would have been cool recording driving through the Alpes), but not to be. I probably now will wait until I am home to install, even if it arrives - in case any problems with the install.