Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people still waiting for delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They kept saying it was scheduled for transport. I'm pretty sure they never told me it had actually shipped. Eventually they determined that some glitch in the system made it look like it had been assigned a transport, when in fact it had not. So if I had not kept kept pestering up until the end, they would not have been aware that it was never going to move. At least that's how I understood what they told me. They were always very nice about it. I just think Tesla's usual infrastructure was totally overwhelmed at the end of the quarter.

They're now telling me it has left NJ, but with a 3rd party shipper they dont usually use, so they do not have their usual ability to track the truck/vehicle. So at this point I'm not sure they know when it will be here until it actually shows up.

Ba2002, I had the same experience but with a CPO P85 in NJ. I kept emailing and texting my DS with no response. I would then call NJ SC directly and at first they said the car was in storage, and then it was in que to be reconditioned and certified, later it was waiting to be transported. My delivery estimate came and gone on the My Tesla website with one person telling me it was in transit and another saying it was still in NJ. I would call anyone that would talk to me because the communication was just that poor. When they would try to ping the car to locate it, they had no such luck. Turns out the car was just delivered to my SC on Friday after a month of just sitting in NJ. Nothing has been done to the car. So my 30 day rate lock has expired and I'm just sad that this exciting experience has turned into blah.

I am still waiting, place order on 9/21 inventory car in tx. Needs to make it all the way up to KC!!! Car hasn't moved at all. Weird, originally said would make it by EOQ no problem. Which never transpired. Anyway accourding to the latest article I read about Tesla's Q3 sales results it looks like I am not alone. The article mention 5500 cars had not yet been taken delivery of yet. Those will be delivered in Q4! I hope this coming week???

I am still waiting, place order on 9/21 inventory car in tx. Needs to make it all the way up to KC!!! Car hasn't moved at all. Weird, originally said would make it by EOQ no problem. Which never transpired. Anyway accourding to the latest article I read about Tesla's Q3 sales results it looks like I am not alone. The article mention 5500 cars had not yet been taken delivery of yet. Those will be delivered in Q4! I hope this coming week???

I ordered my inventory car 9/28 with the condition that if it is not ready by EOQ Q3 my deal remains, as I was booking plane tickets to pick it up to meet the deadline. Tesla agreed and I am still waiting on my car. I can't fly u this week to get it but I am hoping to have my date next week.

I picked up a loaner at the 7 week point. Financing was going to end and I was putting 100 miles on the trade-in everyday I had to work. Don't know when I'll get MY car (CPO 85) but I'm driving (the hell out of) a P85+ in the meantime. Hope I don't go to jail before I take delivery...

Put a deposit down on an inventory S75 on 9/23. Was told it was in Fremont (I'm in the Bay Area) and I could take delivery on 9/25. Then was told there was a firmware issue and it wouldn't be ready for delivery. Then, on 9/25, was told it had accidentally been sent to a storage hub in Chicago (wtf). Apparently it's still there and has been in the "being loaded onto a truck" state for a couple days, according to my DS.

I haven't even bothered talking about a bunch of other stuff that has gone wrong. I'm sure it'll all be worth it, but my particular transaction has been one operational disaster after another.

MY P90D is the least expensive car I have owned in over 10 years and I have never seen anything like the sales process in my life. no one seems to really care - no one returns calls - no one sees an issue with waiting weeks or months for a car. I think it is the company employee mentality. There is no interest in taking ownership of any issue and they just would prefer no to respond. If Tesla actually hired some car people and had non-company owned stores I can imagine they could triple their sales.

As for the car and my 1400 mile road trip to avoid the pain of the ambiguous waiting - it was a great trip and I could not be happier with the car. I love the car and have utter disbelief for the sales and delivery process.

Two weeks after ordering, my car has made it 500 miles of the 2,500 is needs to travel to get to me. For some reason, they are shipping it to Fremont first, and then north to Seattle. I'm anticipating it will take longer than if I had ordered a brand new car.

Oh how I wish I could just reach my DS... to this day, I don't think I've ever gotten a reply to an email. :(

This has easily been the most disappointing car buying experience I've had (not even taking the high price tag into account).

My car was promised to be delivered last Friday, then confirmed it has shipped last Friday. After days of requesting an ETA, and not getting any returned text or calls I reached my DA - to find it hasn't moved one kilometre. He promised it would ship this Friday. Yeah right. Purchase experience was great, but the very second they had my payment and paperwork they have moved onto the next customer.

Oh how I wish I could just reach my DS... to this day, I don't think I've ever gotten a reply to an email. :(

This has easily been the most disappointing car buying experience I've had (not even taking the high price tag into account).
Sbtz, I had the same issue (ordered 2014 P85 CPO Aug. 29) and would call anybody and everybody that would talk to me. My DS would never respond to my emails, calls, or texts. I probably had at least 8 different people promise me pictures of the car and it took until yesterday to receive them (requested them before I even put disposit down). The certification/preconditioning finally started today. I still don't know much about the actual condition of the car except the parking sensors are missing (yesterday they were pushed in, today missing?) and a fender definitely needs repainted. "There is also a couple very small chips near the front edge of the hood." This is somewhat a disappointment, because to me, I feel like this means the car was not taken care of and more than likely, never garaged, cleaned correctly etc...I would expect an expensive vehicle with less than 16k miles to not have missing parts and need to be repainted. Maybe I'm just overreacting because I have had so much time to think about it considering the car was missing for a couple weeks. Now the paint has to cure before I can get the car partially wrapped as scheduled. Unforunately the nose cone has a license plate bracket too. Tesla assured me they don't accept cars that have been smoked in, but now this is my next fear. We have been saving and waiting for this moment for three years and so far, the experience is not as imagined. I really need my frown turned upside down.