Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many pre-facelift owners here are on their original Drive Unit?

qwk

P130DL
Dec 19, 2008
Just curious, how many here have cars that are on their original drive unit? Pre-facelift cars only. Please state year and mileage. Thanks

Texas

May 19, 2015
Houston, Texas
May 28, 2015 P85D, with Ludicrous upgrade after purchase, now has 21,000 miles, still on original drive unit. Car runs like new. (Low mileage because I'm retired).

roblab

Jul 15, 2008
Angwin (Napa Valley) CA
Both of my Model Ss were pre-face-lift. First one, a 2012, sold at 82,000 miles, nothing wrong with drive unit that I know of. My "new" Model S, a 2015, has 93,000 miles, drives just fine every day. I would guess that drive unit replacements are not the norm, so why are you worrying? Any idea how long the drive units are warrantied for?

MichaelP90DL

Apr 19, 2019
Lancaster, CA
2015 P90DL, 34,000 miles, drive system works perfectly. (It is a facelift car, thanks to a recent upgrade by Unplugged Performance - pic).

IMG_0895.JPG

Reactions: lagomorph

David_Cary

Dec 17, 2012
Cary, NC
2015 70D - 78k miles; Both original DUs
Friend's 2016 75RWD. 80k miles. Origninal DU. Just talked to him this weekend - he has never done a service. Just an interesting datapoint.

cmarshack

Oct 25, 2015
San Clemente, CA
The question was drive "unit", not drive "units". Every answer above was for cars with dual drive units.

I believe the OP is asking "Are there any pre-facelift, rear drive cars that are on the original DU. The answer to that question is likely "zero".

But I could be wrong...

Reactions: linkster

TonyT

Nov 5, 2018
Orange county, CA
The question was drive "unit", not drive "units". Every answer above was for cars with dual drive units.

I believe the OP is asking "Are there any pre-facelift, rear drive cars that are on the original DU. The answer to that question is likely "zero".

But I could be wrong...

My car I listed above is RWD with original DU. It is a little noisy so hopefully it will get replaced before warranty is over.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC