Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many reservations will Elon report Wednesday?

How many reservations will Elon report Wednesday?

• <300,000

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • 300,000-350,000

Votes: 176 56.1%
  • 350,000-400,000

Votes: 85 27.1%
  • 400,000-450,000

Votes: 22 7.0%
  • 450,000-500,000

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • >500,000

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I finally got someone interested in buying a Tesla. :D Now it was because I showed them my S, not the reveal, but the 3 is what they would ultimately be interested in. They probably won't plunk down a reservation though.

Elon told us he'd give a Sunday total and week total. We didnt see anything since the Saturday morning tweet.

Why? Because the number is now a liability. At first, the story was "wow, look at the interest." Now, the story has become about the trials ahead for Tesla trying to meet demand.

I predict there will be no update today from Elon.

Keep your interactive chart updated! I hope you keep that one going until 2017, it will be valuable. All datapoints will be documented, whether they come from Elon tweets, conference calls or earnings reports or other sources, right?
All datapoints will indeed be updated. At some point in the next month, I will probably split the data into two graphs: one for cumulative reservations to date and one for rate of reservations.

Elon told us he'd give a Sunday total and week total. We didnt see anything since the Saturday morning tweet.

Why? Because the number is now a liability. At first, the story was "wow, look at the interest." Now, the story has become about the trials ahead for Tesla trying to meet demand.

From what I read he did exactly what he said.

He said he'd give an update for the 3 day total and then one for the week. He did the 3 day total here and it hasn't been a week yet (which he will probably tweet either last tonight or tomorrow).

Reactions: Nomad

Your post is partially misleading. Elon stated on Saturday, April 2, 2016 on Twitter (source: Elon Musk on Twitter) that he would give a 3 day reservation total [starting from Thursday, March 31, 2016], which would conclude on late Saturday or early Sunday, depending on what time zone you want to include. He tweeted on Sunday, April 3, 2016 that there was 276K reservations for Model 3 (source: Elon Musk on Twitter). Therefore, I do not understand how you can conclude that there's nothing to see since the Saturday morning tweet.

Everyone I have told about my reservation since Monday now thinks this is an awesome vehicle, even if they had never heard of it before Thursday. Two of them have made reservations this week and more are contemplating it. While it is likely that the pace has flattened out I still think 375-400,000 is realistic. More than 500,000 at stage 2 of the reveal for sure.