Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many roadster owners active on TMC, and what type of roadster?

What type of roadster do you own (please choose closest match)?

• Pre general production (v1.0)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • v1.5

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • v2.0 standard

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • v2.0 sport

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • v2.5 standard

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • v2.5 sport

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay folks, this is my first post. I am here for possible help with my 2.5 sport roadster because it appears fine but doesn't run due to a fault in the battery. I don't want to spend $41k to fix it. I may eventually figure a way to jack the car and drop the battery for repairs myself. We'll see. But note that my car is a 2011 V2.5 Sport for your survey.

Sell it to me as long as it is not a salvage.

Okay folks, this is my first post. I am here for possible help with my 2.5 sport roadster because it appears fine but doesn't run due to a fault in the battery. I don't want to spend $41k to fix it. I may eventually figure a way to jack the car and drop the battery for repairs myself. We'll see. But note that my car is a 2011 V2.5 Sport for your survey.

Hi Intoid, I've made some tools that might be able to help you (I've revived #783) email me (see your PM).

Regarding this thread, I'm active here and have #164 & #783.

164.png

783.png

The Tesla-applied paint protection film on my 2011 Roadster Sport was yellowing and dull. I had the film removed, paint corrected, and instead of a partial wrap, had the whole car done with the self-healing Xpel. It looks new again! I'll post better pics when I get them, but took this one when I arrived home this evening.

DSC04184.jpg

I haven't noticed a loss of sheen on the wheels - biggest problem is keeping them clean to begin with ...

I've heard the coatings like cquartz, etc. are worth using on the wheels as a way to keep them cleaner and make it much easier to clean them when you do have to. I don't have personal experience to verify though as I had the black forged wheels on the roadster and never bothered with a coating. On the S I did do cquartz on the wheels, and they are staying clean, but it's just been a few months. Not enough time and dirt/brake dust to form a real opinion yet.