Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Roadster Owners are Electrical Engineers ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a Georgia Tech BSEE and MIT MSEE and doing lots with Analog and VLSI design work back in the starting days of Compaq Computer. Deskpro 286/386 and Systempro where my projects.

Do mostly Security and Cryptography now but still remember my EE theory... it certainly helps having an engineering background when your pulling apart your PEM trying to figure out the issues.

Robotics and Material engineer, though now I am mostly involved with rocket propulsion and spacecraft, with a bit of drone stuff on the side.

Useful to have to state of the art cleanrooms in our spacecraft integration facility (not yet tested whether I can sneak the Roadster in for a PEM overhaul but suspect that day is near...)

• Funny
Reactions: drewski
North Carolina State University BSEE. Lots of experience with audio electronics, firmware and software.
The most I've done with my Roadster, though, is simplify the USB hub for the Alpine Infotainment system and replace all of the (hot) incandescent bulbs with (cool) LED indicators.
I own at least three different revision of the OVMS platform, and have built and installed the firmware for that, but I've never installed it in my Roadster.

I think I read in the opening message for this thread that we have schematics. Where do I find them?

I think I read in the opening message for this thread that we have schematics. Where do I find them?

service.tesla.com

There you can find the wiring diagrams (the harness, not the PCBs inside the components), service procedures, pin outs for connectors, specs, etc.

You need to create an account and pay for a certain length of subscription (cheapest is 1hr for $30 if I recall correctly). I bought the 24hr plan when I worked on my switch pack and took a lot of screen shots :)