Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Many Roadsters are Left?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how many miles on your roadster now? what are you getting on standard charge? barely had mine for 5 months and PEM fan, temp sensor and other stuff cause problems. i have about 25,000 miles on my car. i too was using it as a daily driver.

Almost 94,000 miles, 185 miles on a standard charge (had 220 when I got it in 2018). Other than the annual service I haven't had any issues, knock on wood. What year is your Roadster? The 2.x cars tend to have more PEM issues because Tesla had to cut costs down so quality on certain things (PEM wiring) took a hit. The original PEM used military grade wiring

Hi, fellow roadster owners. I've got #951, 2010 2.0, currently ~45k miles. This has been my daily ride ~every day since 12/31/12 .Back when Tesla's stock was ~33. Today it's 1349. I love this car. I hurt #951 last January in a rare SoCal rainstorm, but Javier Ramirez fixed it good as new. Except I need a new cupholder. And a front lip. And some other impossible-to-find parts. And I'm on my 10th (yes, 10th!) TPMS, and STILL my TPMS warning light goes on. But I'll keep this car til it dies, or I do, whichever comes first.

My 2008 VIN ...00433 has not run for a few years. I did not look at it for many months with the car plugged in. When I pulled the cover off the battery was bricked... :mad:

Tesla has just offered me a good price on a trade in for a Model Y. I am planning to take it. My guess is that this car will be parted out or sent to Mars.

I would love to hear opinions on my choice.

My 2008 VIN ...00433 has not run for a few years. I did not look at it for many months with the car plugged in. When I pulled the cover off the battery was bricked... :mad:

Tesla has just offered me a good price on a trade in for a Model Y. I am planning to take it. My guess is that this car will be parted out or sent to Mars.

Would be interesting to see pictures, color, options, mileage, etc. Depending on price, I could pick it up as a spare and part it out to others here, or it could possibly be of good use for one of the shops - Gruber, Executive, or Medlock. But see what people here could possibly do first.

Would be interesting to see pictures, color, options, mileage, etc. Depending on price, I could pick it up as a spare and part it out to others here, or it could possibly be of good use for one of the shops - Gruber, Executive, or Medlock. But see what people here could possibly do first.
Some states have rather large tax breaks for trading in a car of value against another car. Just some food for thought.

Some states have rather large tax breaks for trading in a car of value against another car. Just some food for thought.

Yep he does need to take that into consideration. Here in California you pay the tax on the full price of the new car no matter what your trade value was. I just hate to see Tesla take another Roadster and put it out back to rot like others I have seen.

Reactions: ra88it and DeedWest

Though I do understand the convenience and value of trading in, it sure would be a shame to see another Roadster cannibalized. I too would love to see photos and mileage. I remember that yours is Twilight Blue with Premium Saddle interior with the interior carbon fiber accent group, which is gorgeous in my opinion.

I would recommend putting it online for their trade value plus the tax savings you’d receive from trading in. That way it’s beneficial to you, and the vehicle will continue to survive.

• Helpful
Reactions: ra88it and AltPowr

You could just fix it. If its only been a few months the battery would probably be OK with just getting it recharged. Gruber or Medlock would be the ones to contact.

Though I do understand the convenience and value of trading in, it sure would be a shame to see another Roadster cannibalized. I too would love to see photos and mileage. I remember that yours is Twilight Blue with Premium Saddle interior with the interior carbon fiber accent group, which is gorgeous in my opinion.

I would recommend putting it online for their trade value plus the tax savings you’d receive from trading in. That way it’s beneficial to you, and the vehicle will continue to survive.

OK, $31k and you get a tow truck to take it out of my garage, probably dollies under wheels needed. That is the Tesla offer plus sales tax benefit for my 17,000 mile, 2008 Roadster with a deep bricked battery. They are willing to pick it up from my garage. If anyone wants to match that offer, please message me offline and we can talk. See pictures below.

IMG_4497 Driver.jpg

IMG_4498 Interior.jpg

OK, $31k and you get a tow truck to take it out of my garage, probably dollies under wheels needed. That is the Tesla offer plus sales tax benefit for my 17,000 mile, 2008 Roadster with a deep bricked battery. They are willing to pick it up from my garage. If anyone wants to match that offer, please message me offline and we can talk. See pictures below.

View attachment 562319

View attachment 562320
I want so many pieces from it. Lol.

also, well played on the ad. Those that want to save it or have the illusion of saving it, can buck up or let T save many other roadsters using it, in addition to making some cool static gliders.

It rips my heart out to see a beautiful car like this be sent out to Tesla to be parted out for parts. It sure would be worth a phone call to Pete Gruber, he has brought back others which had been bricked. Pete may himself be interested in the purchase of the car. Gruber main phone toll free is 800-658-5883.

It rips my heart out to see a beautiful car like this be sent out to Tesla to be parted out for parts. It sure would be worth a phone call to Pete Gruber, he has brought back others which had been bricked. Pete may himself be interested in the purchase of the car. Gruber main phone toll free is 800-658-5883.
Having spoken with Pete last week, I can assure you they have no desire to purchase any cars.. bricked or not. They will however list the car photos/video on their YouTube channel and you might find that it’ll sell within 48hrs.

However, they have the ability to create new bricks from what I was told(in addition to using used bricks), VS other shops using ONLY used bricks to bring old roadsters back from the dead.

With battery day coming, many may want to wait until then to decide if they’re giving up their roadsters or if the update will be worth it.

The upgrade will be night and day different to even the 3.0 cars.

With battery day coming, many may want to wait until then to decide if they’re giving up their roadsters or if the update will be worth it.

The upgrade will be night and day different to even the 3.0 cars.
This sounds all well and good, but WHEN is battery day, and HOW MUCH will the "night and day difference" cost?

I'm in the process of sending my car to Gruber bc the SC manager said his only option right now is a 3.0 battery replacement. (I thought there were no more 3.0s coming.) The SC manager said he wasn't supposed to tell me that this new, better battery is in the works but said it WAS coming. What he couldn't tell me is when it will get here, how much it will cost, how much range it's supposed to provide, and how long the wait will be once it does appear.

• Informative
Reactions: Bunnak

Cottonwood, thanks for supplying the pictures and the option to purchase. I gotta say, I'm surprised that Tesla offered you such a good price on it. There are some out there in the $38K to $40K price, running perfectly fine, to take the dive into trying to revive this. I don't know enough about the potential costs to do it other than that mythical $30K R30 battery upgrade. I will have to pass - but the good news is that pays for half your Model Y.

Cottonwood, thanks for supplying the pictures and the option to purchase. I gotta say, I'm surprised that Tesla offered you such a good price on it. There are some out there in the $38K to $40K price, running perfectly fine, to take the dive into trying to revive this. I don't know enough about the potential costs to do it other than that mythical $30K R30 battery upgrade. I will have to pass - but the good news is that pays for half your Model Y.

FWIW: the cheap cars have ~90mi real world range.

Tesla has been known to pay 10-15k more than market on running, clean title, roadsters when traded in on newer models.

They REALLY want them gone.

They are not in danger now, but it would be sad to see Original Tesla Roadsters go the way of GM EV1's or Beechcraft Starships. That is the reason for the posting of my car...

Thanks all!

It's cars like yours that have me debating pulling apart one of our healthy roadsters to help better cars out.

Anyone want to help come to an evaluation on a 1.5 roadster in pieces vs together? vague is fine. tiers for different CAC values are also fine when we speak ESS. as I'd imagine a 130CAC is less than a 143CAC ESS.

HIGHLY debating doing this.