Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Roadsters will be produced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Anyone who had a heart" ?
In California you can use a heart symbol for that...
20110411__local_tesla_MON_GALLERY.jpg

4758381243_ffc18df3e1.jpg

Well, I am certainly not the only one who has figured out how to make lists of exotic cars that got registered based on simple tools found on the web.
If you are persistent it isn't that hard.

Doug_G, you haven't noticed that TEG is the God of Internet search? You need to spend more time here at TMC. :)

(having a life is vastly overrated)

GSP

Sometimes the student becomes the teacher, also. TEG solved for me a riddle that's eluded me for years! He has magical powers...

Down to 8 cars in the US. Only 1 of them is actually new!

That's not counting one of the remaining last 5 VINs, which I believe I saw at Menlo a couple weeks ago. With racing strips and CF, it was fugly though.

Just received an email stating that there are only three Roadsters remaining. It says they are all new vehicles;

VIN 1429 Arctic White Sport
VIN 1440 Very Orange Sport
VIN 1463 Atomic Red Special Edition

7 or 8 left in Japan, most of them fully loaded special additions. I believe they have been produced and are either here or in the process of arriving. A number of demo cars here also which will probably get sold at some point as well. With the yen where it is right now this is a great market, especially the higher priced cars that are still left.

There are enough left in Europe as well. Many are demo cars, but there are enough brand new cars avalaible too. The colors are mostly black, red and white.
US VIN #1438 seems avalaible at Menlo Park.

Last edited:
From Q4 financials:

We delivered 150 Roadsters in Q4. As expected, unit deliveries declined slightly from last quarter, due to the successful wind down of sales in the U.S. In the rest of the world sales rose sequentially, except for the U.K. Total Roadster deliveries worldwide now exceed 2,150. We have now completed the assembly of the last gliders for the Roadster at Lotus. We expect to sell the remaining 330 Roadsters in Europe and Asia by the end of 2012.

do we know what the last non-north american vin is?
As far as I know, #1464 was the last one.
RIF
I said "non-North American" as in outside of North America. This is in reference to the last of the gliders being obtained from Lotus, which implies all the VINs have been assigned.

Curious why your quote of my post didn't preserve capitalization.

If I am not mistaken, last I heard from the dealer here in Japan, there are about 60 roadsters left in the whole Europe/Asia. I am getting mine this Friday so I guess my VIN will be 23xx or 24xx.

If your Roadster is from the European production, then I would expect a VIN more like 8XX.
The European Roadsters have a different VIN sequence from the North American ones.
North American ones ended around 1464...

Some North American Roadsters did end up in Japan, but I think the new ones are all from the Europe production now.

The European VINs start out SFZRE...
The North American VINs start out 5YJRE...

By the way, I think North American VIN #888 was redirected to Taiwan as multiple 8s are considered lucky there.
Perhaps Tesla should do something Special with European VIN #888 and send it to Taiwan / China as well?

The European VINs start out SFZRE...
The North American VINs start out 5YJRE...

Just to clarify for new members. The first 11 North American Signature 100 Roadsters (which were part of the normal production sequence) had VINs that stared with SFZRE, as did the 27 Fouders Series vehicles. Those after and including North American VIN 12 start with 5YJRE.

Decoding Tesla Roadster VINs