Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many speakers are in the front of the original audio upgraded Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they make a change to the audio system from the first production run to now?

I don't know....

All I know is that they used to sell an upgraded audio system. That's what I have.

There is no more information on the website about the differences between the old upgrade and what used to be standard.

For example:

I have a hole with metal webbing between the trunk and the interior to let the subwoofer bass through. Not everyone has that. Some people have solid metal between the trunk and the interior.

I have a new project that I'm doing that requires me to know how many speakers are in the front dash that's close to the windshield.

There was a theoretical base audio system that came with the $35K Model 3 that they did not offer to sell. They then charged $5K to upgrade the car to a Premium Interior with a 14 speaker upgraded audio system. I’m pretty sure that is still the system in today’s Premium Interior.

They eventually did offer a base 8 speaker system in the SR/SR+ models but that’s the only variant that I’ve ever heard of. There were some minor changes to the seats, headlights, and a few other components but nobody has ever mentioned a change to the audio system.

There was a theoretical base audio system that came with the $35K Model 3 that they did not offer to sell. They then charged $5K to upgrade the car to a Premium Interior with a 14 speaker upgraded audio system. I’m pretty sure that is still the system in today’s Premium Interior.

They eventually did offer a base 8 speaker system in the SR/SR+ models but that’s the only variant that I’ve ever heard of. There were some minor changes to the seats, headlights, and a few other components but nobody has ever mentioned a change to the audio system.

Yep.

You are exactly right. I purchased the Premium interior that came with the upgraded sound system.

Just wondering how many speakers are up front there.

How many speakers are in the front of the original audio upgraded Model 3?

Does anyone know for sure how many?

Originally, all you could get was the Premium (PUP). There are 10 drivers in the front:

Three tweeters: left at the corner of the door (10), center in the dash up at the windshield (8), right at the corner of the door (10).
Three mid-range: left, center, and right all in the dash up at the windshield (7) (it's a full-range driver, but acts as a mid-range.)
Two big woofers: left low on the door, right low on the door (6)
Two height/ambient: left and right high on the front pillars, behind a plastic grille (9)

For completeness, there are four in the back:

Two full-range in the doors, and two on the back deck (7)

And one in the trunk:

One subwoofer. (1)

upload_2019-9-23_15-11-16.png

https://epc.teslamotors.com/#/systemGroups/47361

• Informative
Reactions: Runt8
Originally, all you could get was the Premium (PUP). There are 10 drivers in the front:

Three tweeters: left at the corner of the door (10), center in the dash up at the windshield (8), right at the corner of the door (10).
Three mid-range: left, center, and right all in the dash up at the windshield (7)
Two height/ambient: left and right high on the front pillars, behind a plastic grille (9)

Two mid-range in the doors, two mid-range on the back deck (7)

And one in the trunk:

One subwoofer. (1)

View attachment 458220
https://epc.teslamotors.com/#/systemGroups/47361

Perfect. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks a million.

Three mid-range: left, center, and right all in the dash up at the windshield (7) (it's a full-range driver, but acts as a mid-range.)

Two full-range in the doors, and two on the back deck (7)

And one in the trunk:

One subwoofer. (1)

The perfect answer. Just one more example of what to love about the TMC community!