TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How many SR owner sees 220 Miles as estimated range

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Talax74, Oct 17, 2019.

?

What is the estimated range that you're given on your SR

1. more than 220miles

2. 220 miles

3. less than 220 miles

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Talax74

Talax74 Member

Looks like multiple SR owners are reporting lost of estimate range when downgraded from SR+ to SR.
    Would like to understand how many SR owner are seeing less than 220 miles of estimated range on the screen.

2. slooowr6

slooowr6 Member

My SR has 1450 miles

before V10 update:
    100% 216 miles
    90% 198 miles

After V10 update:
    100% 210 miles
    90% 189 miles

3. Talax74

Talax74 Member

How much did it show when it was new?

4. smashcz

smashcz Member

before downgrade 238, after 203 (should be 220)

5. Talax74

Talax74 Member

Thank you.
    Mine was
    240 as SR+
    to
    216 after downgrade to SR

6. Cmunny

Cmunny Member

232 before downgrade, 208 after, continued to drop. Now 198.

7. Talax74

Talax74 Member

198 means 10% degradation.
    I’m ignorant but isn’t there a sort if warranty on the battery?
    Edit: the battery needs to lose 30% to be replaced under warranty

8. Cmunny

Cmunny Member

Yup. I checked with my service tech, and according to him, the degradation point that triggers warranty replacement is based off the SR+ capacity, not the SR. That means 154 is the magic number that would trigger a replacement.

In my case, if degradation is linear, I can expect a new battery an about a year. If it's linear.

There is some credible speculation asserting Tesla has fiddled with the capacity available, causing a loss of accessible range from 4% to 6%. If this is so, I only have between 4% to 6% degradation, which is still within normal parameters. Steeper than normal, but not really concerning.

If it is not true and I really do have 10% degradation after 6 months, I am in for a rocky year before they will do anything about it.

• Informative x 1
  9. slooowr6

slooowr6 Member

When new:
    100% 216 miles
    90%: 198 miles
    Mine is ordered as a SR.

10. lateulade

lateulade Member

24C5DD45-7176-4792-A756-B23A0BF5D394.jpeg I saw my range plummet overnight when I did my SR+ to SR downgrade. After 15k miles, I was still getting 239 miles at 100%, and it went down to 208 the day I got the downgrade. I’ve highlighted the date of the downgrade and the date of the previous OTA upgrade per TeslaFi.

A month later, I’m showing 207 at 100%, and lucky if I get 200 miles, even with a lifetime average of 221Wh/mi (which is often under 200).

Attached Files:

11. smashcz

smashcz Member

I think it's obvious that they accidentally (or purposely?) downgraded too much. I'm still hoping next software will fix it, but at this point I doubt it.

12. lateulade

lateulade Member

I agree. It looks like the same thing happened to the majority of standard range owners at exactly the same time, so I’m confident it’s a bug. However, if we’re not squeaky wheels, we are not going to get any grease.

• Like x 1