Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many SR owner sees 220 Miles as estimated range

What is the estimated range that you're given on your SR

• more than 220miles

• 220 miles

• less than 220 miles

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. I checked with my service tech, and according to him, the degradation point that triggers warranty replacement is based off the SR+ capacity, not the SR. That means 154 is the magic number that would trigger a replacement.

In my case, if degradation is linear, I can expect a new battery an about a year. If it's linear.

There is some credible speculation asserting Tesla has fiddled with the capacity available, causing a loss of accessible range from 4% to 6%. If this is so, I only have between 4% to 6% degradation, which is still within normal parameters. Steeper than normal, but not really concerning.

If it is not true and I really do have 10% degradation after 6 months, I am in for a rocky year before they will do anything about it.

• Informative
Reactions: Talax74
24C5DD45-7176-4792-A756-B23A0BF5D394.jpeg
I saw my range plummet overnight when I did my SR+ to SR downgrade. After 15k miles, I was still getting 239 miles at 100%, and it went down to 208 the day I got the downgrade. I’ve highlighted the date of the downgrade and the date of the previous OTA upgrade per TeslaFi.

A month later, I’m showing 207 at 100%, and lucky if I get 200 miles, even with a lifetime average of 221Wh/mi (which is often under 200).

Attachments

• E08F6EEA-792A-4B3A-8A98-AF196AF0D79D.jpeg
    E08F6EEA-792A-4B3A-8A98-AF196AF0D79D.jpeg
    335.5 KB · Views: 87
I think it's obvious that they accidentally (or purposely?) downgraded too much. I'm still hoping next software will fix it, but at this point I doubt it.
I agree. It looks like the same thing happened to the majority of standard range owners at exactly the same time, so I’m confident it’s a bug. However, if we’re not squeaky wheels, we are not going to get any grease.

Reactions: Talax74